Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Phone Upgrade time…iPhone4 or hang on a while?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like the 5 is due out or am I completely mis-reading the rumour radar?

In any case iOS5 looks rather tasty.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Are you aware of a new-fangled ‘website’ called ‘Google’????

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/features/883623/the_best_iphone_5_leaked_images_to_date.html

😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Are you aware of a new-fangled ‘website’ called ‘Google’????

🙂

Never heard of it mate…it looks good though. Do many people use it?

Oggles
    Free Member

5 is due out in September if the rumours are to be believed.

iOS5 is nice!

E: http://www.9to5mac.com/71724/next-iphone-reaches-final-testing-stage-verizon-likely-wont-support-3g-facetime-this-year/

fisha
    Free Member

i went with the galaxy S2 on android a couple of weeks ago and love it. Whilst I like the iphone 4, it is just too much money for what it is now … i dont think the premium for it justified anymore. I couldn’t wait for the iphone 5 as my existing phone was doing my head in. i also think that as good as retina display may be on paper, the screen was a bit too small for my fat thumbs.

current thoughts on the iphone 5 is september time frame … more towards the latter half of the year due to the japan earthquake.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like the 5 is due out or am I completely mis-reading the rumour radar?

Gawd only knows. I’ve been keeping an eye on this as my 3GS is due for upgrade in the Summer and I have no clue. Rumours range from a September release to nothing new this year. My guess (and that really is all it is) is that apple will release the new phone to coincide with the release of iOS 5/OSX Lion which I think is supposed to be in the Autumn.

That said it really is anybodies guess at the moment. But for what it’s worth I’m gonna wait to upgrade my 3GS to 5 rather than get the 4th gen only for it to be superseded in a few months.

carbon337
    Free Member

Im in same boat – 3gs need replacing next month as the wife wants it but i think ill wait on the 5 in September – maybe get a 4 for free then.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I’m still running on an iPhone 3G! My contract comes to an end in october, as much as I love it I’m seriously considering going back to somthing a bit more old school (and an awful lot cheaper!), although if the iPhone 5 comes out just in time I may well be very tempted!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can get a 4 for free now with existing contract…I suppose I could sell it if the 5 came out in September.

z1ppy

DD – do it then, as no-one gunna get a iphone 5 for free, at least you’ll have some money from the sale of the 4 to put against it.

Becky, if you happy with the 3G then take a look at GiffGaff’s deal, free wifi/txt’s and a decent amount of call for not a lot of money on a monthly rolling contract.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Iphone 4, IOS 5 is stunning, Im a developer and im running it now. It’s a real step up from IOS4.

Pretty much everything that needs updating has been done and a few more things thrown in for goodwill (200 new features).

Get an Iphone 4 now and upgrade to IOS 5 when it comes out in September.

konabunny
    Free Member

There’s always going to be a new iPhone coming out soon!

Jamie
    Free Member

Seeing as iOS5 has copied/implemented a lot of the jailbreak tweaks I use, I reckon iOS5 might be the first since iOS2 I don’t JB.

Anyway. 3GS user here, waiting on the iPhone 5 to come out, then will get a 4 when the price inevitably drops.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nail-Head interface there I think kb.

Anyway. 3GS user here, waiting on the iPhone 5 to come out, then will get a 4 when the price inevitably drops.

What would you do Jimmers? I can get the 4 for free on current contract. Phone gets put through business anyway so not a massive cost to me. Sell 4 when 5 comes out if 5 is worth going for?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Gizmodo iPhone5 Rumours

Just saw this. Adds to the September rumours. On the downside I’m not sure that anything supposedly planned for the new model is worth hanging on for.

z1ppy

On the downside I’m not sure that anything supposedly planned for the new model is worth hanging on for.

Yes, as there always a new model bike coming out, did it stop you wanting it, even though yours is perfectly fine?

I didn’t upgrade to a Iphone 4, as I assumed pre the japanese earth quake, I’d have a 5 by now. The 4 made little sense to upgrade from my 3GS, but now 2years on my phones a bit tired & the improvements of the 5 will make it worthwhile to me.

Swings & roundabouts.

fisha
    Free Member

i dont think it’ll change that much to be honest. it’ll probably get a little slimmer, a little bit of sandpaper here and there to the corners and a dual core chip to boost the performance.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Just got 1 direct from the apple store, after reading that Martins money tip E Mail.

My current mobile deal is up for renewal and costs £30mth with 900 mins and unlimited internet.

It would of cost me £99 for a Iphone4 but tied me in for 2 years,and a tariff like my old one was £45mth (god no,s why)

So i decided not to get an upgrade of my supplier,phoned them up to tell them and they reduced my plan to £15mth.

Now heres the catch i then got the local market trader to use his micro sim cutter on my old sim, and hay presto,900 mins a month, free unlimited internet, all for a reduced £15mth

In 3 to 5 mths ive got the option to sell it as its unlocked, and move over if i wish, yes its a lot of money on a phone,but does far more than my new forks.(According to the missus)

MB

allthepies
    Free Member

Get a Galaxy S2 🙂

carlosg
    Free Member

Get a Galaxy S2

+1 😀

CountZero

Why would he get a Galaxy when he’s looking at an iPhone? The 5 looks like it’ll be September-ish, probably getting announced at the same time as new iPods ready for the lead up to Christmas, and tying in with iOS5. the iPhone 4 is still selling incredibly well, it seems, so you could probably pick one up now, fairly cheap, then buy a 5, sell the 4 and get enough to cover the cost of the 5. A workmate sold his 3Gs last year for enough to pay for his new iPhone 4. An almost new 4 would fetch a fantastic price on the ‘net. The 5 looks like it’ll get the iPad’s processor, possibly more memory/RAM, and it seems Sony are supplying their top-end 8Mp camera. Come Christmas I’ll be eighteen months into a two year contract and due an upgrade… 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

Yes, as there always a new model bike coming out, did it stop you wanting it, even though yours is perfectly fine?

But that’s the point…you don’t hold off and NOT buy one now because the next one might be better.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m only gonna swap my 4 for a 5 if the screen is bigger, otherwise will wait for the next model. Don’t bother with android, the apps are shite by comparison. I was hoping the 5 would have been announced at the WWDC. Rumours are that it may be a 4gs rather than a 5 anyway, though I can’t say I’ve ever found the 4 slow.

z1ppy

Konabunny, really?

So you believe no one held off buying the ‘older’ Ornage 5 when they saw the next version would have tapered steerer, bigger seat post etc?

konabunny
    Free Member

You remind me of the guy who used to write for The Register that said in 1982 he was going to buy a PC just as soon as the price came down a bit and it could do a bit more. It was 1998 before he actually got one.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m picking the thing up today anyway…I just couldn’t wait 🙂

z1ppy

So you don’t agree with that analogy works then KB?

How can you compare me with that register writer, when I say I’m willing to buy an Iphone 5 now if it was released?
    Hardly like I’m holding off for the iphone 6 is it?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Phone Upgrade time…iPhone4 or hang on a while?’ is closed to new replies.