Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Perceptions of other STWers
  • iDave
    Free Member

They ‘seem’ ok online, you ‘think’ maybe you could put up with them for a few hours on the bike. You risk frostbite and go ahead with the ride. Then they go and put their **** jam on the scone before the clotted cream, creating a god awful mess in an otherwise quaint Cotswolds tea room. FFS.

donsimon
    Free Member

You don’t believe in love at first sight then?

meehaja
    Free Member

Those that I have met (or even dealt with by email when buying/selling) all seem like suprisingly normal polite people.

iDave
    Free Member

it’s complicated DS

hisdog
    Free Member

did they say ‘scoNN’ or ‘scOne’?

philconsequence
    Free Member

yeti has never failed to be anything but a disappointment in real life. i would’ve told you but i didnt want to risk emailing you with the police watching your various inboxes.

(have a fun ride!)

z1ppy

don’t start down the scone argument again, were been there and done it & it caused all kinds of upset.

binners

And that could lead on to the whole barms/baps/buns/teacakes thing

*shudders*

hisdog
    Free Member

don’t start down the scone argument again, were been there and done it & it caused all kinds of upset.

Okay, then I’ll just say this: if he said scOne and put the jam on first, he was entirely in the right.

And anyway, I thought iDave didn’t let people eat scOnes or jam?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

All good guys in real life that I have met – however few look look like the picture my imagination has created for them.

Pook should have looked like a wookie and DrP should have been twenty years older and in tweeds.

iDave
    Free Member

Cream teas are permitted half way through 48 miles in the winter. Cake would have been better.

nbt

I don’t think I’ve met any forumites who have been cocks in real life, they’ve all been good people – even those who are (or were) complete and utter tossers on the forum

hisdog
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve met any forumites who have been cocks in real life, they’ve all been good people – even those who are (or were) complete and utter tossers on the forum

I would agree, with one exception who was pretty much as I expected he would be.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Okay, then I’ll just say this: if he said scOne and put the jam on first, he was entirely in the right.

Is the truth. You ‘seemed’ OK iDave but it turns out you are the dodgy one 😯

donsimon
    Free Member

I would agree, with one exception who was pretty much as I expected he would be.

Have we met? 😳

footflaps

People are always much nicer in person than on the internet – with the exception of online dating where everyone is perfect online and rather ‘normal’ / ‘screwed up’ offline 😉

verses

Anyone else disappointed that this wasn’t stalker related?

philconsequence
    Free Member

lol he is riding with yeti…. are you sure its not stalker related?

hisdog
    Free Member

Have we met?

Thankfully not 😉

iDave
    Free Member

It was a cool (-3c) ride, the yeti behaved himself most of the time and I am willing to overlook the scone incident and my legs are sore.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

At least they didn’t demand the finest wines in the world, here and now.

philconsequence
    Free Member

did he turn up in shorts and a short sleeve on-one top, despite it being -3c?

nacho
    Free Member

You have to put jam on the scone first then cream. If you put a proper amount of cream on then try to add a bit of jam it can get messy.

FWIW the few people I have met from on here I have found them to be pleasant without exception. I have also discovered a few people I ride with lurking under alias’s then confessing their forum names to me during conversations!

trail_rat
    Free Member

smee is as much of a cock in real life 😀

tj is not as grumpy in real life -even if the first time you meet is 3am at strathpuffer and his pit crew have given you his sheep jacket because you were hypothermic.

derekrides
    Free Member

Hmm technically the clotted cream should act as the ‘butter’ then a smidgeon of jam if we’re being polite which I can’t see anyone off here being since my impression is most are Children or not least mental age of slightly retarded child with the occasional exception of intelligence of the sort that is normally accompanied by a special chair and a head tapper and or excess grease and spots.

Children = anyone under 39.

philconsequence
    Free Member

sheep jacket…. not herd of that brand!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

hisdog – Member
    did they say ‘scoNN’ or ‘scOne’?

Its Scone as in, it’s not there anymore…

dawson

hmm, ‘hisdog’, checks his profile…. ponders….

hisdog
    Free Member

hmm, ‘hisdog’, checks his profile…. ponders….

this profile is not necessarily the profile you’re looking for…

checks dawson’s prfile, ponders…

chakaping
    Free Member

sheep jacket…. not herd of that brand!

People are flocking to buy them.

philconsequence
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

ewe have to be mad not to buy one!

Milkie
    Free Member

This…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feQyJeJgIw8[/video]

maccruiskeen

Hmm technically the clotted cream should act as the ‘butter’ then a smidgeon of jam if we’re being polite which I can’t see anyone off here being since my impression is most are Children or not least mental age of slightly retarded child with the occasional exception of intelligence of the sort that is normally accompanied by a special chair and a head tapper and or excess grease and spots

Are full stops being rationed where you live? Here, have some of mine to cut and paste . . . . . . . . . . . . .

yunki
    Free Member

somewhere between this

this

and this

bagpuss72
    Free Member

*stands up proudly*

My name is Debs and I put my jam on my scone (said scon not scown) before my cream as if you splodge heavy jam onto soft cream it gets very messy….

*sticks out chin defiantly*

😉

MrsToast
    Free Member

Then they go and put their **** jam on the scone before the clotted cream

Clotted cream is disgusting. Just jam and butter please!

philconsequence
    Free Member

jam and butter? that’s not metal!

crushed bat and marmite on your scone is the way forward.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

poor bats…… 😥

philconsequence
    Free Member

poor marmites! the most hated and loved type of mite in equal measures.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I just googled images of mites to find a funny photo… I so wish I hadn’t *scratches head*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Perceptions of other STWers’ is closed to new replies.