Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Per 100g food product breakdown never adds to 100g?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Maybe I am being very thick here, but I am just looking at the ingredient breakdown for Henry Goodes liquorice and there is nearly 20g of the 100g not accounted for when you tally up what is listed.

Are companies not required to list the constituent ingredients or am I missing something here?

scaredypants

all liquorice is 20% Satan

Jamie
    Free Member

Ingredients breakdown, or nutrients breakdown? Do they give weights for the former?

I would check my packet of liquorice, but as mentioned it’s the foodstuff of Beelzebub, so it’s not allowed within 2 miles of the house.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Dark matter.

flanagaj
    Free Member

nutrients breakdown?

Sugary choice when needed on the bike 🙂

mcnultycop

Water? Things that aren’t fat, carb, salt, fibre, etc so “other”?

flanagaj
    Free Member

Like you say if it’s not fat, carb, salt fibre then it doesn’t leave many other options.

mcnultycop

They are only things that are measured, so it’s other stuff with no notable nutritional value, like gloop, water, goo and chew.

skids
    Free Member

They never tell you the quantities of ingredients

holst
    Free Member

A lot of food contains fillers that have no nutritional value, basically reprocessed sawdust.

Drac

Do you have a very boring Christmas

maccruiskeen

Like you say if it’s not fat, carb, salt fibre then it doesn’t leave many other options.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Per 100g food product breakdown never adds to 100g?’ is closed to new replies.