Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • People of Coventry: Help!
  • andyl46
    Free Member

There are a bunch of Northern Irish lads heading to Coventry on a canal boat weekend, there may be a little drink consumed…

We could do with an inside steer on places of interest, clubs, pubs and places to eat (curry houses and the like!) and places to avoid like the plague.

All help gladly accepted!

FAIL
    Free Member

Inspires on New Union Street is great – all your strong continental beer needs under one roof!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

places of interest

LOL.

andyl46
    Free Member

Hmm, that doesn't fill me with much confidence Dorset Knob, unless you appreciated the subtlety of my inference! 😉

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

What made you choose Cov? Is it too late to steer your boat in a different direction?

woodywoodbine
    Free Member

Not been back for a while but off the top of my head – Tin Angel on Spon Street is small but nice, wih emphasis on live music. Browns on Earl Street is also good – bigger bar but decent drinks and nice atmosphere. If you're after a proper pub with a wide selection of ales then Whitefriars on Gosford Street, just down the road from Browns is probably your best bet.

After hours? Probably Kasbah is the only bet although not been there since it got done up and changed its name from the Colosseum a few years ago!

Umm, apart from that I'm struggling and I grew up in the place!

andyl46
    Free Member

Oh lordy. Coventry was chosen as it was on the canal network, we do an annual "cruise" with the lads from work, and coventry was the biggest town where we could park the boat in the middle and go on the lash on the loop we are doing.

Its not THAT bad is it? Gulp…

mst
    Free Member

Golden cross. Used to serve Holsten export in my student days.

convert

Spent a year there….. really trying to think of anything of ANY merit I could entice you with.

On a positive note, you will chug your barge through Hillfields to get near the centre. I did a stint working in a youth centre there. It could be….educational….for you if you are nice lads from the right side of town! Personally I'd cut your losses and park up in Ansty just out of town and get beered up in the pub there.

andyl46
    Free Member

Matbe a re-route is in order…

We're from Norn Irn, so dont scare easily. We did coin the term "recreational rioting" after all!

Thanks all for your input, any biggish towns nearby that would be worth a visit?

DaveGr
    Free Member

and places to avoid like the plague

Urm, Coventry ??

rOcKeTdOg

Leamington spa is on the grand union, lots of pubs, a few grotty clubs and some really quite attractive girls

DaveGr
    Free Member

Leamington spa is on the grand union, lots of pubs, a few grotty clubs and some really quite attractive girls

Oh yes….I can recommend Rios – Leamingtons "premier" night spot for an interesting night out 😆 Or the Assembly on Cortina nights…..

rOcKeTdOg

Rios has the added bonus of being opposite a (albeit rubbish) bike shop

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Yep, my mate's stag do was a barge to Leamington Spa and it was really good. Leamington Spa provided all we needed and we found one of those grotty clubs referred to above which was ideal.

Recommended.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘People of Coventry: Help!’ is closed to new replies.