Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • peaks tomorrow- whose riding?
  • hora
    Free Member

We’re starting from Ladybower at 830am is spare/doesnt fancy riding alone tomorrow

rob-jackson
    Free Member

half nine in hope – we may meet!! What you riding?

sambob
    Free Member

I really want to, but PE moderation on monday = bad idea riding this weekend. Maybe a short one… 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Hagg farm, fairholmes, slabs, down the back of the Inn and singletrack off hope cross. I’m on a orange Santa cruz/white fox/GSOH

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’m riding to the shop tomorrow and the shop is in the Peaks.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

matt – can you give me a hand setting my suspension up tomorrow per chance please (emailed si)

popping in at 9 to get a mech hanger

matthew_h
    Free Member

Yeah, should be able to sort something out. I’ll probably be a little later than 9, maybe nearer half past but I’ll see you there

racing_ralph
    Free Member

cool – cheers Matt (cash or beer?)

hora
    Free Member

RR you can set your own up?!!! Just run it up and down sessioning a section of trail making adjustments until it feels right to you!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Not drinking at the mo but cake always goes down well 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

hora – i made a conscious decision many moons ago to ignore all advice from you

hora
    Free Member

So a post-ride communal bath for all the guys a la footballers still isn’t your thing :mrgreen:

stumpy01

Me riding in the Peaks tomorrow.

Not sure where to be honest – we normally ride from Hope station, up a rocky climb, then down (I think) The Beast….and eventually end up at Ladybower (by all the ducks) for lunch. We then go off round the reservoir & up that National Trust slabby climb.

But, we thought we’d try something different, so I’ve dug out an old MBR route that starts from Hayfield. I’d love to tell you where it goes, but I can’t remember off hand & the map’s upstairs.

Anyway – I’ll be on the Carbon Stumpjumper FSR with red bits on it & my mate will be on a blue Coiler. Feel free to shout abuse at us, as we mince along…

SBrock
    Free Member

I would love to come, I need to christen my new SC Butcher…….only finished building her up last night but Im at work this weekend! I bet its nice and dry up there as well!!

stumpy01

Mate has managed to get this route on his Garmin:

http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/hayfield-jacobs-ladder

so this is the one we’ll be doing…just need to set an alarm as I leave the house by 7am latest….

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Fookin hell that was me that was, until children’s birthday invite…anyone want to buy a rocky, A1 cond.

iain1775
    Free Member

[list]I’ll be out +1 but not until 10.30ish
    Not sure where poss Hayfield, Mount Famine, Rushup Edge, Mam Tor, Jacobs Ladder
    poss Ladybower area – Hope Cross, Hagg, Lockerbrook etc
    will be on a Ti Commencal hardtail and a Ti Brodie hardtail

Hora – Whinstone lee tor and Cut throat from above slabs to the pub was absolutely thrashed the other week, the track is just getting wider and wider, best avoided if possible at the moment is my view

hora
    Free Member

Iain looking at the stone strikes its a very busy route now

Pook

I think wlt – cutthroat needs some tlc. Even maybe fencing to control the sprawl

BadlyWiredDog

The original line through the rocks is mostly fine and still there, people just ride round it because they’re lazy and after a cheap speed thrill. What’s needed are minefields. 😐

slowrider
    Free Member

I’m surprised they haven’t ‘cut gated’ it, such a busy route for all users

hora
    Free Member

Fantastic. This is why I ride

slowrider
    Free Member

You mean you actually enjoy being close to passing out on the way up and mincing like a jeyer yet still being terrified on the way down? Takes all sorts I suppose…

hora
    Free Member

If it gets me close to you Tom? Aye. 8)

slowrider
    Free Member

😯

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘peaks tomorrow- whose riding?’ is closed to new replies.