Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Peaks route from edale advice
  • beerbelly
    Free Member

Heading to the edale tomorrow got a route out of MBR any bits we should head for from there ?

twang
    Free Member

If you're doing the Jacobs ladder route do it clock wise….that is all

snowslave

Lack of choice is not going to be a problem for you. How long and hard a ride do you want?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You need to be more specific – how far – how hard ?
    You might climb up to Hollins Cross from Edale, then follow the BW round the side of Mam Tor onto Rushup and into Roych Clough, then Coldwell Clough, Oaken Clough and Jacob's Ladder (though many insist it's better the other way round). Or you could go along the valley, up Jaggers Clough to Hope Cross and down the Beast and go around Derwent via Cutthroat Bridge etc. There's loads of stuff. Particularly good and scary is Cavedale.

beerbelly
    Free Member

Think the route is 19 miles takes us up jacobs ladder (is that clockwise or anti ?)don't mind big climbs in exchange for big descents

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Think the route is 19 miles takes us up jacobs ladder (is that clockwise or anti ?)

it will come as no surprise for an MBR route that that is the rubbish anticlockwise way so beloved by many clueless numpties :o)

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Wish I was out this weekend. It's pretty difficult to put togerther a bad route; enjoy yourself.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

It's pretty difficult to put togerther a bad route

and

no surprise for an MBR route that that is the rubbish anticlockwise

Ah. So, maybe MBR can manage it.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

So, maybe MBR can manage it.

I'm probably prejudiced as I fell off and broke a finger going anticlockwise, however, that way you miss the delights of the Jacob's Ladder and Rushup downhills, and I don't think what you get instead is as good. Opinions differ however.

snowslave

If you go up the ladder, there's no way a mere mortal will nail it, so it's going to be a big push. Just see what gives in first – your energy or spirit to keep going, but the downhill payback is still fun.

beerbelly
    Free Member

Just seen helmet cam footage of jacobs ladder and would much rather go down it

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Just seen helmet cam footage of jacobs ladder and would much rather go down it

exactly:

Yee HAR!

beerbelly
    Free Member

Simon

Want to show us round ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Want to show us round ?

I'd love to but I live 80 miles away in Lancaster :o)

anyway, it's dead easy 🙂

beerbelly
    Free Member

So you may be able to help with route advice for our next trip to the lakes ? We have been doing wales all the time for the last few years and decided it was time to try new places

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

So you may be able to help with route advice for our next trip to the lakes ?

just a bit :o) I do about 70 Lakeland rides a year…

beerbelly
    Free Member

Will be there on the sat 24th oct staying for 1 night maybe ambleside or keswich hoping to do a 15 to 20 mile route on the sat & sun inclding high st

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Peaks route from edale advice’ is closed to new replies.