Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 189 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 3RD 'reclaiming the name'
  • Pook

alright all, how’s about an end of year pootle? To complement the marple ride run on the 18th by my co-pilot jules, and elf’s shandy drinking southern effort, how about we end the year with a good old traditional winter pootle?

location of meet and route to be decided, but as you all know, it’ll be common or garden fun.

8.30 start somewhere dark peaky.

kind of led by me.

who’s in?

timc
    Free Member

8:30 start a bit early init

thepodge
    Free Member

yeah, I like the idea but not the time, day or route. the first one has top much mud and the second is in the dark

how about a Wednesday in Scotland at midnight?

Jamie
    Free Member

I might be in Sheffield that weekend for the Percy Pud on sunday….not got a MTB though.

Ah well, one day I will get 2 out of 2 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

ps can I come and I’m slower than anyone.

nbt

Kommen sie, um den blitz pootle

Run it, and they will come. 8.30’s going to be a bit of a bugger! I had a route in mind that’s fairly non-gritty and weatherproof, will let you know about it offline though to keep podge guessing

nbt

Arrgh – just realised this is a saturday, it’s going to be even harder as I’m climbing on Thursday eve, then night riding on friday!

spacehopper

might be up for this… but 830??????????????? 😯

will
    Free Member

Surley it’s 8:30 so you have more time for the pub after? Anyway I’m not coming, their rubbish. 😉

Pook

8.30 cos I’m organising it, and I’ve stuff to do later in the day.

never done a dawn raid? some of the best riding you can do.

Also, I’m always up at 6 so I get a lie in.

h4muf
    Free Member

BOOM! On it.

phil56

I’m out of the country that weekend, which is a real pity as the last Pootle I came on was one the most enjoyable rides of the year! I’m sure you’ll have a blast as usual.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

8.30? Sick bastard.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I could be tempted. Also, if this ride is about reclaiming names, is this the one where the beast gets renamed the pussy cat or cuddly puppy? I seem to remember that suggestion being made on the last one of these I came along on.

Pook

Now I’m on a laptop I can do my usual video paste….

So… most recent first:

[video]http://vimeo.com/29540165[/video]

[video]http://vimeo.com/25052359[/video]

[video]http://vimeo.com/20437375[/video]

😀

sambob
    Free Member

I’m in.

GRAEMEJONES

I’ll be there . 🙂

james
    Free Member

Quite probably in (not 100% on something else), though maybe not if its a foot+ under with snow or something

Could it be a bit earlier please? ..

“their rubbish”
    their what is rubbish?
    Sorry

Pook

I think he means “their skills iz rubbish”.

If he’s talking about my guiding, he’s right 😉

Bunnyhop

Podge – you’re not allowed to say ‘I’m slower than anyone’. Everyone I’ve met that says that is always a little speed freak when the testosterone starts flowing.

Anymore Wimmin?

Pook

I’m slower than everyone. And also a bit of a girl.

Bunnyhop

Oh yes 🙂

BTW Pook – you are good at guiding, it’s just everyone is bad at following you, that’s why the pootle tradition of ‘getting lost’ always happens within 5 minutes of setting off from the carpark.

nbt

still not convinced by this 8.30 start time. married life has changed you, young pook, and you haven’t even got married yet!

Pook

The 8.30am start time is not due to married life, more the 6am starts for the commute…. 8.30am is late!!!!

Couple more pootle vids for you:

[video]http://vimeo.com/10497016[/video]

[video]http://vimeo.com/9489606[/video]

john

Right, I’ve recently moved to Sheffield and I’m getting bored riding on my own, so I’m in.

I agree with everyone else about the time though, 8.30 is way too late, how about 7?

thepodge
    Free Member

midnight, midnight.

Pook

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMO84Twq9Ow[/video]

Bunnyhop

I need my beauty sleep, it’s too early 🙂

GRAEMEJONES

Bunnyhop, you have a lie in and you’ll miss out on the Cheesecake chocolate brownies. 😉

Bunnyhop

OMG! Cheesecake chocolate brownies you say. I’m in.

sambob
    Free Member

I’m in, almost purely for Graemes cakes. And maybe so i can re-visit my tree 😉 Ouch.

Bunnyhop

How are you Sambob, is/are the injury/s life threatening? 😉

GRAEMEJONES

You been trying to shove trees out of the way Sambob? 😉
    Bunnyhop, yes a new recipe to inflict on Pootlers, also a spicy Mexican version of Lancashire Bhaji’s to try out. 😛

nbt

*droool*

sambob
    Free Member

I have. probably the fastest bit of the Lockerbrook descent, got bucked out of a ditch into a tree sideways. Shoulder and neck hurt, but nothing’s broken 😀

Popocatapetl

8.30 😯 What about breakfast! I’m in, will have to have a late brunch. Sambob, i’ll pick you up if you need a lift.

sambob
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers Ady.

MartynS

if you can put up with me bringing up the rear I’m in….!

stinker
    Free Member

Yes please I’m in ! I’ve been given a pass out. (Got the mother in law staying for a fortnight- I’ve bloody earned it!). 😀

nbt
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 189 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 3RD 'reclaiming the name'’ is closed to new replies.