Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Paypal help required
  • spyke
    Free Member

I'm looking to buy some rockers from a guy on mtbr classifieds (in France). I have a paypal account but have never used it.THe cost of the rockers is in dollars. He has asked me to give him my paypal address and postal address (to send rockers to).
    Questions – what is my paypal address – the email address I use for it?
    is this the usual procedure (& how does it work)- you give your paypal address out – if so what's to stop that person accessing it again? Do i have to authorise a request for payment? Do I have to put some money into the account first? How does the dollars to sterling thing work.

I've no reason to suspect this guy is anything but kosher – just want to check out this is the way its done, so thought I'd ask the stupid questions here, just in case…
    thanks

mieszko
    Free Member

If You give him Your email address that You registered to PayPal but also You can have Your account confirmed and with a confirmed address. So Your PayPal address would be Your address where You want the rockers to arrive. If he would like to pay some funds to Your account than You just give him the email address You use when You registered for PayPal. PayPal uses it's own exchange rate and will give You the current exchange rate when making a payment.

As far as I'm aware You don't have to authorise the payment but it's You who is paying for the rockers so You need his PayPal email address to send the money to. He will have Your email address when You pay him with PayPal, I don't think I ever had to give both my address and my PP home address address when paying for something, You give him Your home address and he gives You his PP email where You send the money, just remember not to use Personal payment as You are not covered then if the item does not show up. But again if You never used PP before I don't know whether You will get PP protection without a confirmed account. Another thing is if You pay with normal PP payment he will get Your address along with the payment details to his email and PP account…

spyke
    Free Member

Ok I think i understand this. My PP account is confirmed, and I need his PP address?

uplink
    Free Member

He wants your paypal address to send a request for money

DezB
    Free Member

what is my paypal address – the email address I use for it?
    Yes: The email address you log in to Paypal with

is this the usual procedure (& how does it work)- you give your paypal address out – if so what's to stop that person accessing it again?
    It's not (they don't really need your address, but there's no harm giving it -it's just an email address

Do i have to authorise a request for payment? No

Do I have to put some money into the account first?
    No – you'll have a bank account linked to paypal – or a credit card. Paypal will take the payment from this. It'll all be confirmed when you pay. You can add money into your paypal with your bank account first.

spyke
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys – I think I understand it all now (ish!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Paypal help required’ is closed to new replies.