Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pay up pay up…Transwales content
  • roddersrambler
    Free Member

Monies were due at the end of May,however entries are still available.
    As my biggest week of the year has been totally ruined by a head cold from hell,which was to include a Big welsh weekend double followed by an English championship fell race this coming weekend.My focus is firmly set on this Transwales thing i’ve just entered …anyone else doing it ? I have heard terrible things from last year,which in my twisted mind means that they will not let it happen again and over compensate with total luxury this time around 🙂
    Any thoughts on the event ?

vdubber67
    Free Member

Last year wasn’t that bad apart from the weather (which was fookin awful!)

Depends what you’re expecting I guess? Food is edible and plentiful. Camping is basic in terms of sites (farmers fields in some cases). You needed to queue for the showers and bike wash (not sure if some people expected their own!?)

If you’re expecting luxury, probably forget it. If you’re expecting 7 days of long, testing riding over awesome countryside, with an excellent camaraderie and lots of laughs, then you’ll be fine.

If the weather is good, all the better, but hey – it’s Wales!

I know a number of other people on here did it – I’m sure you’ll get varied opinions.

If you want any more info / advice then mail me.

Rich
    rtedge AT hotmail.com

hh45
    Free Member

I paid the deposit ages ago but have heard nothing about paying the remainder. I’m still up for it though.

roddersrambler
    Free Member

Thanks Rich,sounds good.I have ridden all of the British/welsh and mid xc this year.So the thought of plodding along and enjoying the countryside without that race pressure (besides the short 10 or so km in the middle) appeals to me.I am bringing the wife/dog(not the same person) who is driving my van from base to base.
    hh45-you should have received an e-mail yesterday,it does say that the rest of the payment is due by end of may in the destructions ! 🙂

vdubber67
    Free Member

Well if you’ve got your own van you’ll be fine! Having to put a tent up in the rain every day was the worst bit last year (and running out of dry clothes!) We looked in envy at the lucky people in campers 🙂

trio25
    Free Member

Thanks for this, just paid the balance, didn’t have a reminder about it being due.

i did it last year and loved it but there were issues which they sound like they are sorting out!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pay up pay up…Transwales content’ is closed to new replies.