Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pathetic excuse for athlete refusing a drugs test!
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I mean how pathetic is this as an excuse! It does rank with the "dog ate my homework" complaint!! Idiots!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/athletics/7191425/GB-shot-putters-Kieren-Kelly-and-Jamie-Stevenson-in-drug-test-dispute-suspended.html

mtbfix

Agreed.

nickc

Canis studia domesticus devourant

The only bit of Latin that stuck….

anagallis_arvensis

almost as bad as that 400m runner who kept forgetting

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Very fishy that they 'no longer require the services of geoff capes' after the incident. Suggests he may have had something to do with the refusal.

Drac

They should get their punishment.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Suggests he may have had something to do with the refusal.

Not really, they'd have had grounds to (prosecute?) him if he had.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can't they hover?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I got the impression they were blokes so why would you need to touch anything to pee into a bottle!??? surely hygiene doesn't come into it.
    or have I missed something!??

cynic-al
    Free Member

GUILTY!

BURN THEM!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

What I meant is that there is obviously more to it than the basic story.
    Maybe he advised them not to do so, possibly for innocent reasons which the powers that be didn't like. Or maybe he undermined them in some way?

aracer
    Free Member

they'd have had grounds to (prosecute?) him if he had.

Standard of evidence required to prosecute is rather different to that required to cancel his contract. Not that I can see what exactly he'd be charged with.

Flaperon

I know someone who failed a drug test simply because he ate a bread roll with poppy seeds in it a few hours before the test.

jon1973
    Free Member

Can't they hover?

Judging by their names (Kieren and Jamie) I'm assuming they're male, so I'm not sure that the hover technique (while I agree is essential for survival when using public lavatories) is truly necessary unless I've totally misunderstood the procedure and a drugs test involves giving a stool sample.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pathetic excuse for athlete refusing a drugs test!’ is closed to new replies.