Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Patagonia here we come
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

After a rather hectic Friday afternoon at work when I had a phone call – "Do you fancy going to Patagonia for 4 weeks to price a job" i'm now sat in manchester airport ready to commence nigh on 24hrs of travel including 4 flights and 2 taxi rides to get there.

Can't wait, it's kinda screwed my training for the upcoming L2P on 21st July, but you can't turn down a 4 week business trip to a country you've never been to before can you 😉

Anyone been there who can give me the heads up of whats it like

Tim
    Free Member

julioflo
    Free Member

Jealous!
    If you don't mind me asking, what on earth do you do for a living that sees you off to Patagonia to price a job?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

very jealous… i long for a job where i get to travel a bit. journeys are always one of the most exciting parts too!

can't give you any more info on patagonia, other than what i heard from a cycle tourist i met in iceland whilst touring myself, who said that patagonia was VERY windy on a bike…

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Where are you going? I worked there for a few weeks doing fieldwork last year and loved it. I am super keen to go back sometime soon.

Everywhere we went was amazing so no real recommendations, the glacier Moreno is well worth the detour if you get a chance. And enjoy the food – lots of steak, avacado, coffee and nice wine.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm going to Neuquen.

I'm a Project Engineer / Constructability Plannr, so I'm off out there to assist in the pricing of a upgrade scheme to the rail line that runs between Neuquen and Buenos Aires, for a mahoosive mining company.

Should be fun 😀

Made sure I packed outdoor type clothing for weekends and my camera 😀

May well post picture up on here or on my twitter

molgrips
    Free Member

Don't forget to brush up on your Welsh 😉

alpinegirl
    Free Member

I was working a way south of that, but I am sure the whole area is great… I hope you have fun at the weekends if you manage to get some time off, just remember your warm waterproofs at this time of year!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its a great place. If you get chance to go to one of the glaciers that was the highlight of my time there.

It will be winter of course so could be cold – think scottish winter

Enjoy!

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

looks a bit north of patagonia on google maps, but the andes are awesome.

Been to chile side of andes at same latitude as neuquen and patagonia (torres del paine NP). Awesome place. loads of outdoor/adventure sports to do. You're not far from Bariloche, which I believe is the place to go in Argentina for outdoorsy stuff. probably doable for a weekend.

have fun!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don't be offended at the signs everywhere saying

steve_b77
    Free Member

TJ, I take it thats something about the Falklands?

Not old enough to remember what happened so to be honest it won't have any impact on me at all.

Hey I even managed to live in France for 6 months once!!

MrOvershoot

Have a good time Steve, bet they don't do a cardiac bap like Llandegla 😉

How's the other half taking this?

polarisandy
    Free Member

Went to the central tower of Paine some time back.
    Spectacular place….
    Have fun.

steve_b77
    Free Member

MrOvershoot – Member
    Have a good time Steve, bet they don't do a cardiac bap like Llandegla

How's the other half taking this

Nah but I bet I can get a mean side of a cow out there :mrgreen:

She's fine, obviously didn't want me to leave this afternoon, but it's only a few weeks.

Then when i get back I'm off on my London 2 Paris ride the following Wednesday 🙄

Edric64
    Free Member

iolo
    Free Member

I have always wanted to go there to see the Welsh culture.
    I'm jealous.

Edric64
    Free Member

Hey I even managed to live in France for 6 months once!!

And those bastards sold the Argies weapons

Our government would never do that.We wouldn't sell Indonesia planes to bomb innocent people in East Timor oh no!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Got here, It's 14 deg and a bit cloudy, apparently it's abnormally warm for this time of year.

Epic trip – left yesterday at 15:00 arrived today at 20:00!!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Fantastic – my gf wants to take me there some time. Have fun. I think your journey took slightly less time than a tennis game going on right now at wimbledon 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

Quite possibly, I'm as knackered though

MrOvershoot

Nah but I bet I can get a mean side of a cow out there

After 6 months in Argentina in 1980 my Father said he never wanted to see another steak in his life!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Patagonia here we come’ is closed to new replies.