Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • passporte du soliel 2010
  • hoykalot
    Free Member

just managed to get 5 places for this years event starting from les gets. we are staying in morzine(all the starting places had gone for morzine). is it easy enough to get to les gets from morzine for an 8 o clock start. this will be my first time in the area

GEDA
    Free Member

Impossible as there are no roads. You have a 5 hour hike a bike to the height of 2000m.

Sorry I will stop talking rubbish. I think they have buses between the resorts you can use. Email the tourist office. We are staying at Morzine but starting at Avoriaz.

mudhound
    Free Member

its easy if you're mobile/driving (10 min drive and i think there may be free parking in underground carpark by main lifts a hundred yds or so from main tourist place where hand registration stuff out)

not sure if they'll let you on lifts from Morzine to go and register (you'd not get packs til 8.30am or so and might not make it all the way round fully back to Les gets)

you can ride up to Les Gets but its 4 miles or so of slightly uphill riding

i've just taken ages registering 3 of us at Les Lindarets (new system still pants as couldn't add riders later like it said – had to enter them as user account details on site and then go to registration bit!)

might be best to try and get to Les Gets early and one or two guys pick up packs and then start from Morzine

hoykalot
    Free Member

many thanks for that mudhound. we will have a car so that will probably be the best option. i agree with you on the registration system. total nightmare. thanks again

dasnut
    Free Member

just get the first lift up Pleney (the lift out of Morzine in the direction of Les Gets), you will be in Les Gets (as its the next stop) in 20mins or so.

you might have to pay for the lift (because you won't have your wristband, but the chances are no one will check), and get there early to avoid the queues.

thats what I would do anyhow (I generally lift hop from Chatel to Morgins and start there because getting tickets from Chatel is a pain, certainly this year anyhow)

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

or – as there's no real need to start or finish anywhere in particular you could just start in Morzine… not sure about picking up your number plates etc though – you could send someone up the road in a car to get them perhaps….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘passporte du soliel 2010’ is closed to new replies.