Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Parking fines
  • matt_bl
    Free Member

Had a look on the search but couldn’t find the threads about dodging parking fines.

Does anyone know what the website was? £65 quid they are after, this week only one time offer, because my wife ‘left their site’.

Has anyone had any success in avoiding payment?

Thanks
    Matt

wwaswas

so they haven’t clamped the car?

it’s a civil case so really how far you’re prepared to go in terms of lookign signage etc to avoid paying.

they rely on mnost people just coughing the £65 aas it’s easier than fighting.

maybe search for the actual company name on google see if there’s any other stories?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Is it council or private organisation?
    If it’s the latter there’s not a lot they can do apart from produce threats.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I didn’t see the thread about dodging parking fines, but I would have thought not parking on yellow lines when restriction apply would be a good start.

gonefishin
    Free Member

What type of fine was it? If it was from the Police or local Council then you’ll have parked illegaly so esentially cough up.

If it was from one of those private parking companies that operate for Supermarkets, shopping centers that sort of thing then you can ignore it as they will have to take the driver (whoever that might be) to court to recover civil losses.

This should help.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

BoardinBob

If it’s a council ticket then you can always contest it if you feel you have a genuine case.

If it’s a private ticket ignore it completely and do not contact them under any circumstances. Keep anything they send you and file it away.

TheFlyingOx

Unless it’s a Fixed Penalty Notice (police/traffic warden issued) or a Penalty Charge Notice (local Council issued) then you don’t have to do a thing.
    If it’s some private company, they’ll have probably dressed it up to look as close to a legitimate FPN or PCN as possible. It’ll probably be called a Parking Charge Notice or a Penalty Control Notice and it’s worthless. Google “excel parking scam” to get an idea of how to deal with it.

matt_bl
    Free Member

It’s a supermarket job, specifically a company operating in a car park at Halfords/Carpet Right/KFC.

Ernie, I’m going to run upstairs immediately and pass that advice on. 😆

Thanks for the links I’ll check them out.

Matt

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Parking fines’ is closed to new replies.