Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • parking
  • stuarty
    Free Member

Are there any planners in here

Tell me this why the hell does there have to be about 80 disabled parking spots out side the **** suppermarket never mind the mother n toddler spaces

Scundder had to walk nearly 200 yards in the pissing rain passed all they empty disabled spaces and the cheeky git that passes as a hitler clone parking warden hiding in the trolley bay just waiting A

Might just get my pot noodle delivered to work for me

cynic-al
    Free Member

Did you get some nice whine when you shopped there?

br
    Free Member

Shop somewhere else.

highclimber
    Free Member

0/10.

bigG
    Free Member

Do you know anyone with a disability? Perhaps if you had experience of their challenges you’d be a might less concerned about exercising your lazy ass and having to walk. Some would love to have that issue.

Poor rant, really poor topic choice, MTFU and get over yourself

antigee

2/10 for this sneaky piece of wording:

mother n toddler

stuarty
    Free Member

In my head it started out a genuoine question
    Does there have to be a set percentage of spaces set aside for our less abled friends

But still a bit sore from the parking ticket epidode
    1 miunet to shop shut 2 cars parked in 1000 space car. Park me in disabled spot and arse warden ticket giver fmmmf turrets ffs

Would go to other superrmarket but its trying to go nearly all selfservice pants

Cant they just put a couple of spots closer for the ill only bne a minuet ,only 30 mins for lunch,gota sore leg brigade

Taff
    Free Member

Yes there are parking ratios which planners will use to determine parking bay designations.

cynic-al
    Free Member

stuarty – Member
    Cant they just put a couple of spots closer for the ill only bne a minuet ,only 30 mins for lunch,gota sore leg brigade

Yeah, that would really work.

nealglover
    Free Member

…..a hitler clone parking warden

Godwins Law Fail in the first post !

Nice work.

garage-dweller

At least you CAN walk 200 yds. As someone who has blue badge holders in the family and our circle of friends you have no idea. On the mother and baby slots kids are heavy.and lifting them in through narrow gaps in regular spaces is hard and if they’re small you have to lift the seats in and out. Our six week old plus car seat weighs 8kg+. Try wriggling that out of a normal gap after a c section.

stuarty
    Free Member

Why should I get penalised with having to walk further to the shop just because I chose not to have kids…
    As well im one of those shoppers who subsidises the creche in the suppermarket.???

We would do well if trying to ignore your kids having a tantrum in a supermarket was an olympic sport

Next.

brakes
    Free Member

I kind of see your point. Perhaps if the use of disabled parking spots was monitored to make sure the number of them was actually required?
    I recently lived in a block of flats and there were 2 parking spaces for disabled people that were never used in the 4 months I was there. There was only one other parking space on that side of the building which was constantly occupied.
    Perhaps they should monitor the number of residents who required them and reinstate them if a new resident needed one?

nealglover
    Free Member

Why should I get penalised with having to walk further to the shop just because I chose not to have kids…

Just park in the Parent and Child spots of it bothers you that much.

Or just MTFU and walk the extra 50 yards ?

As well im one of those shoppers who subsidises the creche in the suppermarket.???

Shop somewhere else if you don’t like how that particular Shop choose to spend Their Money ?

We would do well if trying to ignore your kids having a tantrum in a supermarket was an olympic sport

What’s that got to do with where they park ??

Next.

That’s what people normally say when have made a really good point isn’t it ??

stuarty
    Free Member

In the intrest of a fair rant done some research
    If it a shopping/leasure center there must be a parking spot for every disabled driving employe and a total of 6 percent of the carparking spaces must reserved for blue badge users and be on ground with nomore than 5mm of a raise and not more than 50 meters from the entrance.

Fair enough 6percent of total

National average is 1.4percent of population is sadly registered disabled
    Right thats 4.6percent of spaces that could be short stay spaces or father and illegitimatechild spaces

Right my mp better have his pencil sharpened for the morning
    Because either the supermarket has forgot to build the rest of the carpark or the carpark painter cant count

Going to paint my 10 item or less parking space banner.?? No ticket needed its a worksvan(keys init.still running)

aP
    Free Member

You drive to work?
    Walks away, not understanding.

stuarty – are you fat?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

about 80 disabled parking spots out side the **** suppermarket never mind the mother n toddler spaces

In my local Tesco the ‘parents with children’ parking is closer to the store entrance than almost all of the disabled parking spaces, which makes no sense at all to me.

I can accept that they require more space for access but surely they should be located at the far side of the very large car park ? Not only would this reduced the temptation of those without children to use them, but a nice walk to the store entrance would help reduce childhood obesity. Instead of letting the fat lazy overweight brats fall from their cars seats straight into aisle 12 where the biscuits are, with the minimum inconvenience.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Less abled friend here..

MTFU!

And just hope you never hurt yourself bad enough to have to learn how to ride a bike all over again and own a blue badge THAT ENABLES YOU TO PARK OUTSIDE THE BL**DY SUPERMARKET WITH ALL THE MOTHER N TODDLERS!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Whats happened in my local supermarket is that they have a 2nd car park further away from the store. I presume this has doubled the number of spaces (at least) so the “normal” car park has to now hold what looks like 12% rather than 6% of the disabled parking spaces, making it look disproportionate.

Harry_the_Spider

What makes my wee fizz is the abuse of disabled and parent & toddler bays by people with expensive cars. The ones at my local Tesco are half filled with 7 series Beemers and Mercs, usually not showing a blue badge. I once saw Martin Offiah in his Range Rover and Ricky Hatton and his crew dump their Bentley there. I know he’s lost his battle with the pie but I’m sure he can waddle the extra 40m to the normal parking spots. If you don’t want you flash motor dinging, park it in the far corner.

As for parent and toddler spots. You need a wide bay to get seats in and out but you also want to be next to a pedestrian walkway so that if your little one runs off there is a reduced chance of him being splattered by some a-hole speeding towards the disabled bays in his S Class.

theflatboy
    Free Member

stuarty – Member

Scundder had to walk nearly 200 yards in the pissing rain

try using a wheelchair for a day and see which you prefer.

Peyote
    Free Member

Fair enough 6percent of total

National average is 1.4percent of population is sadly registered disabled
    Right thats 4.6percent of spaces that could be short stay spaces or father and illegitimatechild spaces

Brilliant! I love the flawed statistical analysis!

mu3266
    Free Member

ernie_lynch Nail on head moment!

I am of the exact opinion. Whenever I go shopping I always park as far away as humanly possible, partially to annoy my friends who don’t do enough exercise but mostly because their ankle-biters don’t either. When I become Prime Minister, I shall make you my minister for transport.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

mu3266

There is a flaw in Ernies plan..

Harry reckons the Mother n toddler spaces are near to the entrance to reduce the chances of the ankle biters running out and getting splatted by messrs Offiah and Hatton.

If the spaces were at the further end of the car park, Ernies fatties, being incapable of reaching any speed to enable escape velocity from thier parents would be left unharmed.

A wierd Darwinian ‘survival of the fattest’ scenario would then be played out leading to the whole of the supermarket car park bieng marked up as disabled spaces to allow the surviving fatties egress from their vehicles…..

psling
    Free Member

Why do people even bother with supermarkets? Convenience. Car based convenience. Whichever end of the car park you manoeuvre your two tonnes of metal into, the whole concept is based on people being lazy and thinking they have too little time for anything at all really.
    Get down your local shops, buy fresh produce for less money that lasts longer and tastes better. Get to know your local greengrocer and butcher on first name terms, put a bit more effort in and get a lot more benefit out. Supermarkets? Another nail in the social coffin…

MrOvershoot

psling can you ask them to be open when I’m not at work 😉

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I always tend to park in the far corner of any car park I use. I don’t do this on the grounds of a little bit of extra exercise but more to do with my analysis of who tends to park where in a car park:

People who park closest to the shop = lazy sods
    Lazy sods = lazy drivers
    Lazy drivers = bad drivers
    Bad drivers = pillocks most likely to alter the shape of my car.

As I like my car to remain the shape the manufacturer intended I leave the crowded part of the car parks to the morons.

I do wonder why disabled bays are so far away from shop entrances sometimes though.

psling
    Free Member

MrOvershoot – Member
    psling can you ask them to be open when I’m not at work

Yes, that is a major disadvantage 🙁

stumpyjon

Nice knee jerk reaction from most 🙄

Parking in a disabled space without a badge is not on. Disable bays at the far end of the supermarket equally non-sensical. However the number of disabled bays is often disproportinate to the number in use (based on my empirical studies). Seem to be a lot of surprisingly able bodied people using them (with a blue badge on display, but that’s another thread). When people see so many spaces empty it does tend to encourage certain people to bahave poorly.

Parent and child spaces, great idea, love using them (when I have the kids). No need for them to be right next to the entrance though, they just need to be wider. In fact they’re less likely to get blocked if they were further away.

Maybe supermarkets should have a look at bay size full stop, most supermarket carparks are even two thirds full even at peak times. Make the bays bigger, everyone wins.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

wow how you guys sleep at night is beyond me.
    Do you really get that wound up because when you walk 50m to the shop, someone else has had an oppurtunity to walk just 20m.

You must be either be lazy or have too much time on your hands. Either way killing time with a little walk will do you good.

brakes
    Free Member

if you are pregnant, can you park in the mother and baby spaces?

pitduck
    Free Member

( fresh produce for less money),were`s this then 😕

MrOvershoot

psling – Member

“MrOvershoot – Member
    psling can you ask them to be open when I’m not at work”

Yes, that is a major disadvantage

TBH I used to use our local butchers & greengrocers at the weekends but they have both closed since a Sainsburys opened in the town centre, shame as they were both very good 🙁

On the parking front the amount of spaces for disabled varies by a huge margin (My wife is now disabled through MS) the previously mentioned Sainsburys has masses of empty bays but our local hospital has a pitiful number??

captaincarbon
    Free Member

brakes,

no you cant, but you can wee in a policemans helmet! 😀

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Quite right, and I now feel deeply ashamed about what i said to fatso family who were sitting shoving their maccy d’s into there fat faces in a disbaled spot in asda’s car park whilst i was helping my 83 year old, blind and arthritic grandmother to into the shop because she wanted to go shopping. Imagine that. imagine expecting someone to DRIVE an extra 100 yeards or so to save an old womain who can hardly walk but is still trying to desperately maintain her independance from having to walk the same distance.

zippykona

I was talking to a traffic warden and he told me that they now give blue badges out for ADHD.
    Just read that the water companies can exempt you from the hosepipe ban if you have a blue badge.
    So that useless bastid opposite me who has a blue badge and appears to be a fit as a fiddle is laughing again.

GrahamS

I was talking to a traffic warden and he… Oooh a shiny!

FTFY.

I suspect if you’ve been diagnosed with a condition that means you can’t concentrate for any length of time then you probably shouldn’t be allowed to drive at all!

Bunnyhop

psling – Member

Why do people even bother with supermarkets? Convenience. Car based convenience. Whichever end of the car park you manoeuvre your two tonnes of metal into, the whole concept is based on people being lazy and thinking they have too little time for anything at all really.
    Get down your local shops, buy fresh produce for less money that lasts longer and tastes better. Get to know your local greengrocer and butcher on first name terms, put a bit more effort in and get a lot more benefit out. Supermarkets? Another nail in the social coffin…

If you ask some local shop owners they will deliver in the evenings.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘parking’ is closed to new replies.