Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Paris and disneyland?
  • cpsilver

After making my fortune by selling Yorkshire Rose Stem Caps for Le Tour (I wish) my wife has elected that our (my) hard earnt gains should be spent on a great holiday… to Disneyland Paris. I agree that if we are to go we should go before the children are too big (9 and 7 now) but it seems a shame to go all that way and not take them to Paris itself too. So, any suggestions on the cheapest and most efficient way to go about it? How many nights in each? Any transport ideas?

sv

Avoid staying in a resort hotel (unless you sold many many stem caps!) think there are a couple nearby or near val d’europe (1 rer stop away). The rer will take you right into Paris, the Arc for example.

globalti
    Free Member

One day is enough for Disneyland, have a bath of cold water ready in your hotel to dip your feet when you get back because they will be on fire.

Base yourselves in one of the new districts along the RER line that goes out to Disneyland, for ease of access.

Another day in Paris, plenty to see and do, be careful at the Eiffel Tower as it has a reputation for child-snatching. Be ready for the stink or urine in the metro tunnels. Avoid Notre Dame, it’s heaving with tourists and aggressive Indian tricksters. Have a nice day!

cpsilver

Sold about 70 out of 100 I made so maybe we need to look at 2 stops away… Good tip about trains.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

We did it last Easter just gone.
    We stayed in Paris at the eurocamp site on the banks of the river seine.
    The site was called International Maisons-Laffitte. We stayed in one of their static vans although they have treehouse lodges which look pretty funky!
    The RER station was only a five minute walk away and the trains stopped every 5 or 10 minutes. We just bought tickets for the week and we were away, the kids loved the metro! So did I as I left the car parked all week outside the van.
    Euro Disney is approximately 30/40 minutes by train but to be honest we weren’t bothered by the journey and the kids loved the parade at Disneyland so it was well worth the trip.
    I got the Ferry ticket, Dover to Calais for £40 return.
    It really was great exploring Paris by metro and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Can’t recommend it highly enough. Do it!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

We have done it a few times. Go over by car on the eurostar and do a few days, paris, disney etc. We have rented cottages and the last time we stayed at Val D Europe, staying in the residihotel (imagine a large hotel room with a small kitchen, and lounge). The train journey was only one stop.
    Eating out in Disney is very very expensive, so evening meals are best yaken away from the resort.

stimpy
    Free Member

We did Eurotunnel to Gare du Nord and stayed in an apartment in the Marais district of Paris for the week. We did one day in Disneyland Paris which was dead easy by train (even from central Paris) and spent the rest of the week in Paris itself. Do it, you won’t regret it!

But no need whatsoever to stay in a Disney resort.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Stayed in a romantic area of Paris.

Got the train early to Disney & bought a ticket called fast track so less waiting in ques.

Took my other half’s 80 year old grandmother on the scary rides.

Went to the buffet and bankrupted them.

Watched the last laser/video show.

Panicked we’d missed the last train but it was an hour late.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Years back Mrs Coolhandluke was pricing up Eurodisney staying on site etc. just her and the little one.

when she told me how much it was I asked if she was flying. She then said that that price didn’t include the travel 😯

All three of us ended up staying at a Eurocamp place about an hour away, maybe more, for a week, including travel for just a bit more and we went to Disney for a day.

Can’t remember how much it was but it’s probably irrelevant as it was over 10 years ago.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My kids loved Disney, it’s a bit of a battle as an adult/parent but its worth it.

OP, we went many times when the kids where small and we found the resort hotels worth it as you get 1 hour earlier access to the park and you can take a break midday. We bit the bullet and stayed at the Disney one right on the gates for max convenience. It is expensive.

For parks 2 days. There are two now and if it’s busy you will need two days to get round things / go back to favourites, see the parades etc. They do an app now which gives you queuing times so you can plan.

Combining with Paris is a good idea, one or two days to see the major sites and take int he city.

As posted above the train out to the park and indeed to/from Paris is most convenient but may not be the cheapest way vs driving. Have a look for deals combined with park tickets.

bigdawg
    Free Member

im off to paris on friday for three days (my two are 4 & 6)….

Staying at the Le Robinet D’or a fantastic hotel only 5 minutes walk away from Gare Du Nord, and despite its looks its not as expensive as some ofthe chain hotels around, and one of hte few that could accommodate all four of us in one room.

Friday evening plan to watch the roller skaters take over the city. Saturday up to montmartre for bowls of hot chocolate, stair climbing, views from the sacre cour and kids having pictures in place de tertre and then off to one of the parks for picnic and kids playing. Funfair at the bottom of champs d’eleyse sat afternoon before dinner, and then sunday morning over to the eifel tower and then general wandering and food before jumping bakc on the train at 6pm.

There are some great books for kids in paris, along with Eye spy Paris and the kids phrase book my son hasnt put down since last friday!

bigdawg
    Free Member

oh Disney is for later in the year when my daughter’s 5 for her birthday

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Paris and disneyland?’ is closed to new replies.