Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Parents…Help needed.
  • ollie
    Free Member

I've bought a child seat for my 1 year old son to tag along on some rides with me, Iv'e tried him in it up and down the drive and he loves it, But the moment I try and put a helmet on him he screams like hell and nearly rips his head off trying to get it off, So what can I do to get him to wear it, Any tips welcome.

munkster
    Free Member

Ear plugs? 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

PATERNITY TEST NOW DO YOU KNOW TJ? DOES YOUR WIFE?

sadly just make him he will get it.his
    Show videos of everyone wearing a helmet etc on rides and just make them.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Make him putting it on into a game….. you need to make it fun!

ollie
    Free Member

Just trying the "Making it fun" tactic now, but I think he's got a different idea about what's fun, Ear plugs might be an option 😉

tails
    Free Member

just tell him to BTFU

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

my lass hated her helmet at that age.

I ended up wandering round the house in mine, and using it during play time as a 'thing', then started playing with hers.

Acclimatisation and all that.

Now at 5 she tells me off for not wearing it.

luked2
    Free Member

Bribe him with chocolate.

If that's not enough, you could try offering him a titanium single-speed instead.

Stoner
    Free Member

a combination of familiarity (Thomas the tank engine) and gameplay (put it on when daddy has his on) means Stoner Jr loves his….

mtbtomo
    Free Member

My boy is 15 months and hated it to begin with. Play games with it, lots of silly noises putting it on and off his head.

Presumably you're wearing your helmet too? Let him see you put that on and off. Let him put it on and off you if he will, or let him play with it.

Its about making it all a game and before you know it he'll be happy enough to set off wearing his.

ollie
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, I'm just about to sit down and have my tea with my helmet on, I'm geting some funny looks off the wife and the little fella.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

What seemed to help the most with mine was her seeing it put on and taken of alot!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ollie – Member

Thanks for the advice, I'm just about to sit down and have my tea with my helmet on, I'm geting some funny looks off the wife and the little fella.

LOL.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Parents…Help needed.’ is closed to new replies.