Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Paramo waterproofs.
  • chorlton
    Free Member

I'm looking for a new waterproof jacket for walking and I've heard a lot of good things about Paramo. Has anyone used them? I'm thinking about a Valez Light.

northshoreniall

Great gear, haven't tried their new light gear yet but if half as good as previous well worth having. Also less rustly than normal waterproof gear.

tony_m
    Free Member

Read more good things here…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/paramo

FWIW, I can confirm it's great kit to be wearing should you ever find yourself involved in rescuing a sheep stranded at the foot of cliffs on a typically wet and windy Hebridean beach in January. 8)

mav12
    Free Member

i have the velez adventure cracking bit of kit dead comfy dont need to wear a lot under it either like the look of the light but to pricey for me

Surfr
    Free Member

Just got back from a night ride in the snow and I only wore a lightweight DHB base layer and my Velez Adventure smock and I was toasty warm. Bit too warm for other seasons on the bike but it's a fantastic walking jacket. Keep meaning to buy the trousers to match.

sweepy
    Free Member

since the bad weather struck ive been living in my paramo smock and saloppettes, ace stuff.

ando227
    Free Member

cracking bits of kit, i have one of their original jackets from the early nineties and its had loads of hard use and its still going strong. just wash it and proof it on a regular basis and stay dry.
    The new stuff is quite a bit lighter. It is warmer than ordinary waterproofs so need to wear less underneath but with loads of vents and the flexibility to roll up sleaves it works great. very comfortable next to the skin too.

Stoner
    Free Member

I just cant get past the 1970s geography teacher look of paramo gear 😉

london_lady
    Free Member

I have the ladies velez adventure light smock and have been happy with it. You really don't want to wear too much underneath it because it is still a warm top. Although you could not move for paramo in the Lake District this winter!!!!

kevonakona
    Free Member

Keela also do good kit. Seriously thinking about their Munro, which is a nice bit of kit and not too pricey for what it is.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

The other great thing with the paramo gear is their repair service, they will repair the kit for a nominal fee or for free for as long as you have it, so if you have the jacket for 15 years they will fix it

fivelittlefish
    Free Member

Great gear – I wear my Velez smock all the time. Paramo recently repaired it for me FOC, after 5 years!

ton

i have just recieved a made to measure jacket from cioch, in nikwax anology stuff.
    same stuff that paramo use i think, i have worn it everyday through the cold spell with a thin base layer.
    it is awesome………and it fits. 😉

Jenga
    Free Member

I wear my Alta II jacket all the time. Even in the coldest weather I only need a 320 Icebreaker merino top on underneath. It's brilliant stuff. Far better than anything goretex produce.

Very easy to wash and reproof, and if you put a hole in it it's simple to repair without losing it's water repellent qualities.

Arguably the best piece of kit that I've got.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is it as well made as Paramo ton? Have my eye on a pair of strides from them.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is it as well made as Paramo ton? Have my eye on a pair of strides from them.

Marko

For most people, Paramo is a love/hate thing. I have a Velez smock gathering dust on a shelf somewhere. No matter what you do to proof it. it always absorbs loads of water and then weighs a ton.

The shirts however are fantastic.

Hth
    Marko

Jenga
    Free Member

What size is it, and do you want to sell?

sweepy
    Free Member

check out finisterre for nikwax analogy waterproofs with a cool surf image (tho very similar design) if you cant get past the paramo image. mind you I think it looks much better nowadays anyway and part of the reason it sometimes looks dated is that it just lasts so damn long.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Paramo waterproofs.’ is closed to new replies.