Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pannier rack compatible with child seats?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Just about to take delivery of a new baby, and more importantly a new bike(I don’t mean this) New bike is a tourer/commuter/CX felly, and as it will be used through winter I intend fitting mudguards and rack for panniers.

In a rare act of foresight I woukd like the rack to also be able to accommodat a child seat for when I can eventually pop the mite in, strap them up and transport them around behind me…so are there any recommended rack/seat systems I shoukd be considering?

A novice in these subjects, so any advice would be greatly appreciated…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

By a Co-Pilot Limo and you get a Blackburn rack in the box, IIRC.

TiRed

Tricky one. I used a Rhode Gear Taxi, which is superb and uses a Blackburn rack. This wasn’t compatible with panniers, so I fitted Blackburn lowrider rack to the front forks.

Newer Ortlieb QL3 panniers may also fit with the rear seat since the mounting stays attached to the rack.

Esme
    Free Member

“Rhode Gear” is the old name for Co-Pilot – so that’s three recommendations!

I guess you’ll need the reclining version at first?

julianwilson
    Free Member

I think there are a couple of ‘standards’: our child seat that fits a basic rack does not seem the same as other rack/seat combos I have seem in shops. You might be better buying both at the same time rather than have trouble looking for the right seat later on.

Ours is not made/sold any more as far as I can see, but the topeak one looks grand, and compatible with their trunk/pack systems too. (Not necessarily at the same time).

tomaso
    Free Member

I really rate the simplicity of this design
    [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leco-Tube-Front-Child-Seat/dp/B002ANCDV4]amazon leco childseat[/url]

toys19
    Free Member

I have the gmg yepp maxi seats that work with panniers.

MussEd
    Free Member

Think that Copilot Limo one looks most likely so far. Tomaso, of course I’m hoping my progeny will be a natural on two wheels but think it may be a while before they’re ready for that set-up!

Thanks all, and CFH: I was labouring under the impression you were only there for the finer things in life, like which cravat questions or what champagne for picnics enquirie…I doff my cloth bunnet and tug my forelock in deference and gratitude…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pannier rack compatible with child seats?’ is closed to new replies.