Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Paintball experts to the room…
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m looking at using a paintball HPA tank for another use (still using it as a tank of air!). I’ve got a tank, now I need regulation. I need, I think (correct me) a bottle reg to drop from 4500psi to 900ish, and a secondary to drop to 150ish for my final use.

Can anyone confirm these parts make sense, what parts I need, and where’s best to get them cheap – it’s not for paintball so I’m not concerned about absolute accuracy or fancy bits, just need a working safe regulator system so I can get filling and using the bottle. It would be nice to have the secondary adjustable, and I suppose a burst disc would be nice considering the pressures involved!

Let the advice begin…. 🙂

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Sounds like the system used on paintball markers – have you got all the rest of the kit that went with the tank you could use? Vaguely remember all those years ago my air rig dropped the bottle pressure with a regulator down to something like that 900psi (maybe less), then a gun mounted reg dropped it down again.

Weren’t burst disks for CO2 bottle valves?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Nope, I have just a 300 bar air tank from a paintball shop and I’m trying to buy the regulators to operate safely. Said paintball shop does not have the regulators for sale, though I’m sure some do. I just don’t know what I’m looking for exactly and don’t want to buy some items and find out I was wrong in my assumptions.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    willard

Which paintball shop are you going to?

I used to know a couple back in the day that sold spare regs that could drop pressures down to about 200psi or less (my old sidewinder, vigilante and MacDev regs did anyway) from either 3kpsi air or liquid CO2.

do a quick search for Eclipse Paintball (Dartford if memory serves) or http://www.belsales.co.uk/ might help.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll see who I can find. The bottle came donated straight from the supplier (STAKO) and I’m not really a paintballer (I am when I can afford it, but know enough to know I don’t know enough about the kit).

Lummox

There are loads of screw in bottle regs on the Market, some are even adjustable at the primary erg and therefore don’t need a secondary reg, although nearly everyone used a secondary. Also hp air tanks do come with burst discs, albeit hp, usually 1 each side of the regulation.

I’m 99% sure a bottle reg designed for a 1.1 ltr or similar size will not fit onto a dive cylinder size cylinder.

Happy to give as much advice as I can, used to be a sponsored dye team player and can thoroughly recommend their throttle reg and inline regs.

P.s I know stako had a period where their cylinders where of questionable reliability. I have experience of one serious failure and have a friend who experienced the other. These failures where apparently due to a contaminated air source that caused oil to be atomised.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Paintball experts to the room…’ is closed to new replies.