Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • paint job
  • robob
    Free Member

yeah, looks like £150 for the paintjob and an extra £100 for the artwork. in the case of the nomad i would say that £250 is defo ballpark figure (if thats your thang). i would guess its been painted, laquered once to seal the waterbase, then airbrushed and the re-laquered.

TheCruzer
    Free Member

Yeah thats right, it takes a bit more effort than a cheap powdercoat job.

TheCruzer
    Free Member

The cost for a job with a couple of colours and some gemini for a flip finish is about £150 plus decals and I then have to pay an artist as much as I want to spend on airbrushing , in the case of my nomad I gave him a £100, if I give him more he will spend a lot longer on it , or less for less.
    And no I havnt sold it yet, its a bit overpriced but Im not willing to part for less than £1400 as it woulnt give me enough money for the next project.
    As someone said you cant earn a living painting bikes. Its more to do with love of bikes.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

The Cruzer – Member
    As someone said you cant earn a living painting bikes. Its more to do with love of bikes

Thats correct , the money is crap, but i loved my job which is why i stuck it out for 8 years , but bigger mortgage needed more income .. hence the fact i went back to painting cars …

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘paint job’ is closed to new replies.