Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • paint etching/badge – personalised
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Has anyone ever had some sort of laser etching/ custom head badge added to their bike?

Bit of sad news but my father recently passed away and he knew how much I loved cycling and my 3 bikes.I really want something added to the top tube to remember him by when i'm riding/training/racing. I've got a carbon road bike, a scandium HT and an enduro. I want something done to all 3 but not sure how to go about it?

Could argos cycles do something? It just needs to be something a few cm square on the top tube. I don't want a sticker but something a bit more permanent

RichPenny
    Free Member

Geoff Moorhouse (Uplink on here I think) did a one off custom head badge in pewter with enamelling for me. The result looks great and wasn't too expensive. Do you have something in mind? Someone else does work in silver I think, but that's gonna be pricey.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, it will be a nice thing to remember him by I think.

adeward
    Free Member

you can do it yourself,, if you use liquid circuit board etchant ,, get it from RS or maplin

draw the design on the copper in perment marker dip it in the liquid, the bits of copper without the pen on will be etched away the depth depends on how long it is left in the liquid,

the other way is to get a vinyl sticker made up stick it to the copper and etch this does leave sharper edges and is good for words

i have done all sorts of stuff for vintage cars like this ,,dash labels engine plates etc

read labels,, first

obirobkeno
    Free Member

Failing that, ask one of STW Towers inhabitants where they got the bar-end plugs laser-etched? While you're there, get some juicy gossip and come back and tell us! (We can keep a secret…) 😉

simon1975

Jen Green (headbadges.com) made me a silver Kona badge from a mould she'd already made, but she can do custom stuff too. Highly recommended!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘paint etching/badge – personalised’ is closed to new replies.