Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Pain in the rear
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I’m in agony, what have I done. It feels like I’ve been kicked in that little tail bone thing.
    Can’t sit down, and walking hurts as does coughing.
    I’ve not had an accident it’s just come on since this morning.
    Have a think while I have a bath.

philconsequence
    Free Member

why dont you go have a nice bath whilst i think…

*puts on my trusty knitted thinking hat*

McHamish
    Free Member

Were you out drinking in strange bars last night, and are there any time periods where you may have lost your memory?

oldgit
    Free Member

Hold your fire there.
    friday evening, three teenagers in the house can’t see that bath happening anytime soon. 👿

thegreatape
    Free Member

I hope, for your sake, that it’s not, but I once had some quite bad back pain that turned out to be a pilonidal sinus.

(That was fortunately cured with antibiotics alone).

oldgit
    Free Member

I don’t drink. But was I in any strange bars? hmmm I can’t remember.

oldgit
    Free Member

Oh FFS off to Google that……….

thegreatape
    Free Member

Might not cheer you up if you do.

philconsequence
    Free Member

pilonidal sinus…. good call, sister had that as a kid, had a ball of surgical fluff in a cavity the size of an apple for weeks! had to sit on a rubber ring and everything

oldgit
    Free Member

Do you wanna check it out? I can switch to webcam 😯

thegreatape
    Free Member

Hang on while I get the kids out of the room…..

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m not that kinda nurse! show TJ not me!

oldgit
    Free Member

Can you think of anything nicer that it could be?

Just can’t see how I can get pain there without doing anything.

philconsequence
    Free Member

angry tape-worm digging for freedom?

Northwind

When I had a severe pain that felt like I’d broken my coccyx, it turned out I’d broken my coccyx. Weird.

Stoner
    Free Member

Having googled images for pilonidal sinus, after wiping up the vom, all I can say is: surely that’s something you’re going to nip in the bud before it gets like that?!??!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You sat down quickly today? I used to get a similar pain occassionally when I worked in an office. Sprained coccyx – cleared up after a week or two.

project
    Free Member

As above it could be an abcess it comes on very quickly, and has severe pain, and is a real pain to heal, had 6 weeks of a nurse coming every day to clean out the wounda and pack it with some stuff that looked like quick hem, pictures latter.

Or just youre consipated, have a load of fruit, or visit the GP, for a DRI, pain in the bum, and embarasing, but the gp is used to doing it.

RustySpanner

I’ve had PS twice, no fun at all.

Cleared with antibiotics both times, but the scar is quite impressive.

Only painful when badly swollen and infected though. Never affected cycling though, as mine was just above my coccyx.

yossarian
    Free Member

I hope, for your sake, that it’s not, but I once had some quite bad back pain that turned out to be a pilonidal sinus.
    (That was fortunately cured with antibiotics alone).

I’ve got 14 stitches running from my ringpiece straight up my arsecrack and beyond thanks to a PS.

Start praying 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

I wonder if it was from going mental on my crosser for four hours, after having not ridden off road since November.

Deffo not constipated, I am Greenwich Pootime.

Just sat back then and nearly went through the roof.

Northwind how did you not know?

racefaceec90

i have an uncomfortable feeling at the base of my spine (not painful now though).in my case it was my saddle trying to get intimate with my rear end 😯 repeatedly,after i lost my footing on my flat pedals (was riding my new ht over some roots/cue repeatedly taking my full weight in my pelvic region as i kept smacking into saddle.wasn’t the most pleasant of experiences 😯

yossarian
    Free Member

Just sat back then and nearly went through the roof.

Have a rummage around back and see if you can feel any lumps under the skin that are painful to the touch. Also are you ‘ahem’ a proper hairy chap? Only the bastard PS usually starts from an ingrowing hair. Jeep drivers in wwII used to suffer from it.

Northwind

oldgit – Member

Northwind how did you not know?

Same reason I walked into A&E on a broken hip 😆 Not so much high pain tolerance, as low pain awareness

crikey
    Free Member

Proctalgia fugax …

project
    Free Member

Possibly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_fistula

hows everything today.

khani
    Free Member

I had a PS, first lot of antibiotics didn’t work so was refered to the hospital, they left me on a waiting list for two years while throwing antibiotics at me like sweetys, in the end they sent me to a private hospital for it to be removed, it took three months of being packed every other day by the local surgery nurse before it healed up and the top of my arse looks like it’s been attacked by a shark
    Go to the doctors and bend over is my advice.

oldgit
    Free Member

hows everything today

Much better, slept on my side on the sofa all night. No riding today. Still a bit tender. Planning to ride Sunday.

grum
    Free Member

I’ve had at least 3 – not fun. 🙁

Hadge
    Free Member

Good to see your feeling better. My mate has told me he has bowel cancer and he kept feeling the need go the loo. He got worse and worse and in the end the pain became unbearable. He had some tests and got rushed into hospital and had an emergency op. He’s got further treament coming soon and I really hope he pulls through. I’ve read up about it and from the facts he’s told me the stage he’s at it isn’t good though. I do hope I’m wrong 🙁

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Did you have a ‘friend’ thrust overenthusiasticly and miss

oldgit
    Free Member

Hadge we had a workmate many years ago suffer the same, sadly they had left it too long.

Mungus, my closet doors are firmly shut thank you.

Hadge
    Free Member

OG, not trying feel bad about it but from what he told me and what I’ve read it’s not good. The cancer had pierced his bowel and was actaully causing an infection which if left would have killed him. They caught that but from here on the survival rate of living more than 5 years after diagnosis is about 7% which is shocking. I’m trying think positive and I hope I’m totally wrong.

project
    Free Member

Just go to the DR,S before its to late, and they get sold off to an insurance company.

If everything is ok , we can all give a collective sigh of relief.

MoreCashThanDash

Two pilonidal sinus ops here, first one the surgeon took photos to show his medical students because the wound was so big, and every trainee practice nurse in Sussex got to come and admire it/pack it for months

Second one took 13 months to heal up completely, finally resolved by the consultant putting silver nitrate on the wound. Never has the phrase “Now, this may smart a bit, Mr MCTD” been so wide of the mark.

Couple of small ones since, dealt with by strong antibiotics, to which I am slightly allergic. Recent false alarm, resulting in a somewhat enlightening conversation with the GP about hair removal.

When you are prone to them, you are prone to them. 🙁

Jamze

Just go to the doc.

Same here. Had what I’d thought was a tiny spot for a while, a locum doc didn’t seem too concerned, put it down to biking. Then one weekend last month it flared up, fever, couldn’t sit down.

My GP put me straight into hospital, had one op to relieve it, then the wide excision op to remove it and the weeks of daily packing and dressing changes. Seems to have healed pretty well so far. Leave it, and it can get quite nasty with knock-on problems such as fistula.

Markie
    Free Member

I’m sorry to be glad this thread is here… my morning went: google symptoms, find potential complaint, search singletrack for hive thoughts on said complaints, read thread, call docs, get appointment for two hours time, fret :/

project
    Free Member

Markie, the embarasement is nothing compared to the pain youll have if you dont get seen and treated.

Been there and had the op.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Pain in the rear’ is closed to new replies.