Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pace rc38 airforce
  • Dekerf
    Free Member

I have got some old airforce forms and was looking at sticking them on a bike, just wondering the likely travel of them? Are they 100mm?
    Couldn’t find the info on the pace website.

Thanks

r6ymy
    Free Member

Standard RC38 Airforce are only 63mm, I think there was a later RC38 LT long travel version that was 100mm.

Update: The above was from memory, I’m sure the ones I had were 63mm, but a quick google suggests later ones were 70mm. The LT is 100mmm.

aracer
    Free Member

Make sure you use a proper skewer on them, and better yet roughen the faces of the dropouts with sandpaper so the wheel/skewer has a bit more grip and is less likely to eject.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

The really old Airforce 1s with the bolt up crown are 63mm. The later hollowform ones are 70mm I think, or 100mm for the LT version as stated.

I’ve got some LT ones which are great. I had some of the Airforce 1s and they were flexy as hell. If you’ve got those make sure you have the ‘race collar’ which goes under the crown race.

Dekerf
    Free Member

That sucks, was hoping they were more, so I could run them on an old fsr with one of those loct seats. Guess it’s off shopping then 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

The hollowform (carbon) ones were 63mm indeed but like all Pace forks you get a bit of extra travel for free unlike all other manufacturers who gyp you something rotten. So I bought them as 63mm travel but they got 70mm.

The hollowform ones are a nice fork. I might be interested… but I’ve got no bike for them…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pace rc38 airforce’ is closed to new replies.