Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pace 405 pic's
  • roughneck
    Free Member

Thinking of a getting a new bike.Will be riding round dalby and up round the moors and the odd trip up to GT and inners, may get to the alps next year. Thinking the 405, but the 506 looks good.

What do you all think.

Any pic's

DeeJay
    Free Member
    roughneck
    Free Member

How dose the 506 compare to the 405. I'm 6'1 and was thinking the large.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have just got a 506 and its fantastic. I have ridden Deejays 405 a couple of time and thought the same of that-in fact it was after riding his bike that I decided to get the 506. I was severely tempted by a new 5 Spot after having a demo but the Pace was half the price. I paid £995 including the DT shock.
    My 506 is built up fairly heavy at 33lb but that is with a coil Pike and hefty wheelset. Having said that it "rides" alot lighter and I have comfortably done 35 miles on it and feel that I could do more.
    I have it set up very plush and it just soaks everything up.
    It rides like a 405 but "bigger" if that makes sense.
    I am just over 6 foot and riding a large with a 90mm stem and a Maverick Seatpost and it fits me perfectly.
    If you have any specific questions I will try to answer them.
    Cheers
    Steve

BadlyWiredDog

I ride a 405 and love it. I've not ridden a 506, but in contrast to the above, a mate who has and really likes the 405, was underwhelmed by the longer travel version. I think his take was that the 506 kind of rode like an XC rider's idea of a six-inch bike, a bit like a Whyte 46, which is fine if that's what you want, something that just rolls over stuff in a neutral way, but doesn't have the slightly aggressive slant of the 405 or some of the other, more downhill-orientated six inchers.

I don't know how true that is, but the 405 with Pushed Pikes, air ones, works for everything I ride and takes the sting out of stuff without neutralising it completly, if that makes sense. I'm not sure I'd want any more travel, it feels enough to me.

roughneck
    Free Member

I think a demo next spring. Any pic's of your 506.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Am out on it tomorrow with Deejay-will get him to take a couple and post them.
    Cheers
    Steve

DeeJay
    Free Member

Steve's 506

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pace 405 pic's’ is closed to new replies.