• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Over ear headphones
  • theotherjonv

I’m sure they’re better in many ways than the little in-ear bud things, but past a certain age / in a certain attire, they just look wrong. If any old people are on here, please stop it.

OK

Not OK

Exception

Bimbler
    Free Member

Lame.

The top photo with the DJ are on ear headphones not over ear headphones.

scuttler

Yer old timer’s not even got any.

Here’s yer exception, although they appear to have slipped off in the enthusiasm

theotherjonv

Yer old timer!!!!!!! Do you know who that is?

I know he hasn’t got any, but what DJ Derek wears (or rather, sadly, wore) is instantly cool.

(might be lame, but was caused by seeing an old* bloke in a suit in the supermarket today holding a phone conversation using his on-ear** headphones and mic thing. Just looked daft)

* old – probably STW demographic, if I’m honest. Was it you?
    ** might have been over-ear, I’m old so not aware of these nuances.

And don’t get me started on those bluetooth earpieces. You’re not in the CIA but you look like something beginning with C

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

How does this fit into your world view?

theotherjonv

In the same room as DJ Derek.

There’s exceptions to every rule. Please don’t list them all. 50 year old accountants out buying a sandwich, are not that exception,

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Grado get’s cool points for the following reasons:

1) They’re not beats by Dre
    2) They’re not Beats by Dre
    3) They’re not Beats by Dre
    4) They’re not Beats by Dre
    5) I own a pair
    6) They’re not sennheiser.

theotherjonv

7) you’re not a 50 year old accountant using them to make a phone call while buying a sandwich in Sainsbury’s.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I am going to wear several pair at once just to annoy the OP.

jimwah
    Free Member

Love Grado, I’ll still be wearing a pair in the old peoples home if I make it that far.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

And don’t get me started on those bluetooth earpieces. You’re not in the CIA but you look like something beginning with C

Corporate?

CountZero

‘m sure they’re better in many ways than the little in-ear bud things, but past a certain age / in a certain attire, they just look wrong. If any old people are on here, please stop it.
    If you’re talking about walking down the street/around town, then pretty much everyone wearing over-ear ‘phones looks like a tit, especially young blokes who think they’ve just walked off the set of The Wire. No, you’re a middle-class white boy living in a medium sized market town in the south of England. Just stop it.
    In the comfort of your own home; who, exactly, gives a toss.

grahamt1980

Love my audio technica’s. Say what you like about the look but the sound is outstanding.
    Also act as a very visible block on people disturbing me at work too

DezB
    Free Member

Dunno what this is about to be frank, but on ear phones are sodding uncomfortable.
    My Audio-Technicas are SHAKING with Moderat at this very moment. Bliss.

mattyfez

I use htc ear buds when traveling, but at home if it’s inappropriate to make a lot of noise,Panasonic htf 600

Although they seem to have gone up in price, I’m sure I only paid £30 for them about 3 years ago.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I only wear over ear headphones as the wee in ear ones are shit and annoying and keep falling out.

IDGAS what you think, I like listening to decent quality output and not yakking on the train. So there!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

DJ Derek. 😥

Saw him at Cargo in Shoreditch, probably around 10 years ago. Legend.

50 year old accountants out buying a sandwich, are not that exception

Didn’t Derek start out as an accountant?

nbt

this

don’t like in-ear stuff.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Over ear headphones’ is closed to new replies.