Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Outlook 2007 help please
  • iolo
    Free Member

Hello,
    I have been sending emails fro my netbook a while.
    Last week it decides to send some but not all emails.
    I get a message “550 realy not permitted” on the ones that bounce back.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Sky or BT? Check the settings with your ISP. Some service providers will bounce messages sent from a connection other than the registered home connection unless the security settings are changed in the advanced tab of the mail account settings.

Cougar

“Which ISP” would be helpful. Check with them to see if they’ve changed any requirements for settings without telling you (this happens more often than it should).

See if you can ascertain what’s different between the working and failing emails. Is one ‘new’ and the other ‘reply’ perhaps, or are you sending from different email addresses? Or, does it work at home but fail on the move?

beanum

It’s hard to describe without a PC in front of me, but look in the advanced setting on the account screen, see if there is a tick in the box for “SMTP server requires authentication” and choose the default (same as pop).

That fixed a 550 relay error for me – although in my case, EVERY outgoing email was failing. As your problem is intermittent, it could well be external to your PC..

hth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Outlook 2007 help please’ is closed to new replies.