Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Outdoors/MTB first aid courses
  • MrGreedy

Could do with polishing up my first aid and after a few recent spills on group rides I'm considering an outdoors or MTB-specific course as I seem to remember some being listed on here before. Anyone got any recommendations? Might consider making a weekend of it if location and riding were right too.

gtkid
    Free Member

BASP – british association of ski patrollers = superb.

overthehill
    Free Member

here in the lakes the two main mountain bike leadership and coaching outfits – cyclewise and cycleactive – both run bike-focussed first aid courses, and both get great feedback.

johni
    Free Member

ANother vote for BASP. I've done several of their courses in my time (Ski instructor and MTB leader). Always excellent and very much suited to the outdoor environment,

jojoA1
    Free Member

Can I big up BASP too, or do I have to declare that my dad's a trainer for them?…

doug_basqueMTB.com

BASP was very good. Did a weekend course in Glenmore Lodge, Aviemore. Badaguish (spelling, sorry) is just down the road and we had a great ride there after the course. Just next to Ryvoan bothy (spelling again!) too so there's some great trails around there.

druidh
    Free Member

BASP. And I could do with booking myself on one too.

julesf7
    Free Member

I've been wanting to do one for a while, excellent reminder. Druidh, given that you're based in Edinburgh, as am I and others that I bike with, would you be interested if we could get BASP to hold a course in Edinburgh? From their website (clicky), it does say that if you have 5 or more people who want to attend one then they would come to you. I think we could probably get a group of people together, particularly if we advertise in bike shops. Know one, by any chance?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Outdoors/MTB first aid courses’ is closed to new replies.