Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • ouch blast ouch kinell
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Bit of a spill on a quick jaunt this morning in the white peak ended up in casualty with full view of my knee cap and muscle fibre 🙁 ten stitches and 56 antibiotics to be taken over a week means a very shit and painful Christmas period. Still the pics will be on the way to mbr and mbuk!

click for pic

goog
    Free Member

heh heh 😆

djglover
    Free Member

You’ve torn yourself a new gash.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

cuddle?

kevin1911

Been there, done that….

If you think its sore now, wait til tomorrow when it’ll be near impossible to bend your knee at all.

Hope it doesn’t spoil things too much.

cynic-al
    Free Member

link for those who CBA w facebook?

oh and you tube!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

chunky – please mate!!
    Goog – still better than you and younger 😉

Stiff as **** now it will be going backwards tomorrow!

h4muf
    Free Member

You want to try riding with only two fingers on your left hand ralphie boy…

Get well soon 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

where does my pic keep going?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

al – Public link

carlosg
    Free Member

Pah , that’s just a flesh wound (albeit a painful one) . A good few years ago some daft person cut me up on my commute home , my gash was below the knee and broke the patella tendon too you could see the cartilage on my femur/tibia/fibula.

Hope you heal quick , be prepared for the pain when you get bending it properly again.

Simon

After looking at that I’ll be wearing my Kyle Straits on my next ride!

grtdkad

😯

..Dear Santa, pleaaase can I have some new pads!

sharki
    Free Member

Ouch, Rob.

Antibiotics and drinkies?

Start the course next year and get hammered.

Healing vibes winging there from the white north, smeared in love from above.

midlifecrashes

Bit of T-cut and that’ll polish out.

Hope you’re not working soon. Bet that stings.

Andituk
    Free Member

Holy crap should have read the post before clicking the link…

I’m never going out without my knee pads 😮

trailertrash

photo? ah yes 8/10 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

good sleep last night, marginally stiff but pleasantly surprised. Presents and antibiotics are the highlights of the day ahead 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Still no pic for the non facebook crowd. shame I need a laugh at work 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

there is if you click the public link isn’t there?

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    firestarter
    Free Member

Ouch healing vibes fella

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Gutted to be missing out on 2-3 weeks riding 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

my mum’s legs have more muscle!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Your mum used to be an Olympic power lifter from Russia called oleg before the nuclear reactor blew and he/she lost her giblets

Alex

I did something like that a few years ago. 4 days in hospital so they could clear it out under a general!

Definitely worth getting it totally sorted. Mine’s still giving me grief as I came back to riding too quickly really.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Yikes – not good – Here’s mine from a few years ago:

Damned doc only gave me 4 stitches – apparently I should have have 10! – Also didn’t clean the wound properly – 8 pieces of wood came out of the wound and it got infected, -took ages to heal, over a month 🙁

Funnily enough – I now wear pads, most of the time anyway.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Get well soon Rob

MarkN
    Free Member

Hey get well soon, real bummer for Xmas. I have seen these out on rides and now always wear the knee&shin pads I just dont want that pain and hassle of not riding for ages.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Mine from March. Shat all over my season but doesn’t it look cool?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Two things.

1. Stuff like this really makes me think about knee pads, a lot… but then it slowly subsides, so I will get hurt I guess and it will serve me right for being tight.

2. Pierre Le Chat?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Pseudonym

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Tracker- mine was ice related. I’ve had 2 injuries that’ve seriously mashed my knees in the last 5 years and they were both due to ice, and as a result I wear my 661s every time when its icy even on rides where I’d not normally think about it.

For what they cost they’re worth having even if you do only use them 10 times a year (though I think if you get Kyle Straits you’ll get much more use out of them- they’re so comfy to wear)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

How long did you stay off the bike luke with yours? how man stitches?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

That one was the worst I’ve had. I think I was off completely for only 3 weeks but it got infected despite the cleaning. I only had about 6 stitches because there was nothing there to stitch up.

Lots of pills of different types and I had to go to hospital every 2 days because they were worried about it- good job I live on the same street as it! It made me very ill which was the worst bit, but I wasn’t riding properly for 6 weeks and it knocked out my training period so my racing was fubared.

It doesn’t quite look like it there but each of the 3 cuts was a gurt big, very deep, hole and they had to cut bits of me off.

I reckon yours will take about as long to heal since it could be stitched. Knees are beggars though and when they’re out it’ll keep reopening.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

stitches are in for 10 days or so and i am thinking 2 weeks after that 🙁

racing_ralph
    Free Member

the antibiotics are making me feel grim 🙁 and no booze as it makes me feel even worse

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Woop just been 200 yards up/down the road 🙂 Apart from being super stiff it felt ok 🙂

Stitches out tomorrow all being well

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘ouch blast ouch kinell’ is closed to new replies.