Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • OTHER HALF'S FROM HELL! So I dated a psycho!!!
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Quite a few years ago I dated some one who was a bit of an obsessive lunatic.

Nice in some ways, but in others prone to fits of rage and destructive tendencies. Mostly on my favourite belongings.

Nothing too bad, if I’m honest. However with any luck I will start dating again, sometime soon.

Does anyone have any advise, to hell with it, I’m hoping to start this thread go off and come back tonight for a good old laugh.

Come on! tell us about your experiences of crazy partners and you never know, I might actually learn something that will help me avoid dating a nutter!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Love is finding someone you can put up with.

allthegear
    Free Member

Speaking as someone who has been described as a “crazy partner” herself, the only thing I could suggest is you can’t avoid “dating a nutter” as you can’t tell beforehand – just recognise it when it happens and move on quickly…

Rachel

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nice in some ways, but in others prone to fits of rage and destructive tendencies.

Sounds like the perfect storm.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

As long as they’re not a full blown obsessive lunatic I think you’re on to a winner…

Too nice is boring.
    Too sane is boring.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Good lordy I could write a book on this subject. My last ex was a complete nut job, and I mean a class 1 nut job. She was ok to start with but slowly the nuttiness started kicking in along with the alcoholism. Here a are a list of the things that have happened…

Brick thrown at my car.
    My head slammed in car door.
    She stabbed the tyres on my spesh enduro with a carving knife. (thank god it wasn’t me)
    Threw a curry up the wall.
    Turned up to the school to collect the wee one completely drunk, Steaming drunk at 3pm.!!!
    Tried to steel my car. She can’t drive…!
    Whilst on a camping trip threw an empty vodka bottle at the happy campers next door who were sitting round the camp fire. 😯
    I was accused at every opportunity of “sleeping around”

…and the list goes on.

I am with a cracking girl now and I look back at that lot and wonder what the hell I was doing within 100 miles of the psychotic ***ch.

The only good thing to come out of all that was my daughter who I have full custody of (surprise surprise) and is a great little biker.

Happy days eh… 😀

Karinofnine

Crazy other halves? Oh yeah, where do I start? 😆

How about ***, who was jealous and possessive. One day, when I was at home during the day doing aerobics, the phone rang. It was ***’s friend. I was out of breath (from the aerobics). ***’s friend rang *** to say I was out of breath. 10 mins later, knock at the door, there stands ***. “What the f*ck is going on?” he says “[Friend] says you are out of breath, what are you up to?”.

Yup, he had come home from work to see if I was sh&gging someone else! Funny, but I found out after we broke up that he had played away from home throughout.

So, stay away from jealous and possessive people. At first it feels really nice because they are attentive and interested, but then you realise it’s only because they want to know exactly where you are and what you are doing. RUN!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Plenty bunny boiling psycho hose beasts out there. Tread carefully.

tron
    Free Member

You wouldn’t reward a dog for barking all the time and taking a shit on your carpet.

Take the same approach with your other half and you’ll be fine.

tazzymtb

be very aware of typos on internet dating sites!

kaesae
    Free Member

neilsonwheels

Funny now, but at the time, not so much!

allthegear
    Rachel
    You a nutter? who would have guessed, I always picture you as being fit and lovely with a crazy streak! 😈

kaesae
    Free Member

Internet dating sites, are the scariest funniest thing online!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve done a lot of internet dating recently. I went against Tazzy’s advice to my cost.

From what I can work out though, there are far more crazy men online than women. I’ve had a fair number of dates and the relief displayed by women that you’re not another utter weirdo has led me to find out about just how weird some guys are! Proper, proper freaks!

backhander
    Free Member

A previous GF used to take money out of my bank account to buy cocaine. I kicked her out but she had a key cut and tried to carry on doing it!

Bunnyhop

As you get older its easier to spot the signs.

That horrible saying ‘you always find Mr./Mrs. right when you’re not looking’, seems to be very true.

tazzymtb

I went against Tazzy’s advice to my cost.

as long as there were no scat lover mix ups I’m sure you were fine 😉

Woody
    Free Member

Hmmmmmm…. I can relate to neilsonwheels. Clothes cutting and curry throwing does seem popular. Some of the less violent/destructive amongst the totally loony episodes included:-

Uniform and a few other bits of clothing thrown over/up tree as high as possible just before I was due to go to work….
    Phoning my folks 24 times between 1AM and 3AM to say I had gambled away £85K and had driven off drunk (I don’t gamble and was stone cold sober)
    Car wrapped/covered in toilet roll inside and out so I wouldn’t ‘soil it’ with the other (non-existant) woman……

Not funny at the time 😯

Cougar

There was a thread on this on B3ta not so long ago.

http://www.b3ta.com/questions/relationships/

Makes for, ah, interesting reading.

Karinofnine

TSY – I tried internet dating, on a free site (Plenty of Fish), I got loads of offers of sex, of which many were married men, so I cancelled my profile. One that did make me laugh was “Hi, I’m J***, I’m 22 and can mostly be found wheely-ing my mountainbike down the middle of the road. I like dogs too, I have a malamute husky. Let me give you a night you won’t forget”.

I’ve never cut anyone’s clothes up. Even when my most recent ex two-timed me for the last time, I only dumped him, didn’t do anything bad. (I didn’t need to, his new woman ‘done im like a kipper’). How I laughed.

Xylene
    Free Member

(Plenty of Fish),

Suddenly gets an influx of STW members checking it out

DrRSwank
    Free Member

All women are nutters.

Gay is the Way 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

my mum got a call from the police after going on a date with someone she met online… turned out her had attacked most women he had been on a date with, think either my mums ugly as sin, or awesome as hell as he didnt attack her.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What are you up to later then Dr?

What I’d like to know about PofF etc is… do blokes really have success with the… wanna fk?… style opening lines?
    The sort of success that means taking Karen out not her dog.
    Wouldn’t be in my nature and I’ve found a normal or humorous messages to work just fine.

Karinofnine

The “wanna f*ck?” style certainly put me off, don’t know about other women. Anyway, this is way OT now.

RealMan
    Free Member

do blokes really have success with the… wanna fk?… style opening lines?

A friend was telling me a guy approached her and asked her flat out, “do you want penis?”

Some guys are lazy. But then some girls are slutty, so it all works out.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve had my fair share of fruitloop girlfriends. Actually, I’ve had a few other peoples share as well. There are a few things I’ve learned along the way though.

They’re all mad, it’s just a question of degrees.
    The really mad ones always seem to be the best in bed.

Good luck.

KT1973
    Free Member

I’ve had my share of psychos.
    On the plus side, they’re usually pretty game in the boudoir 8)

ahwiles
    Free Member

a friend of mine was a genius with the diamond-bullet opening lines;

“can i get off with your t!ts?”

“shag?”

& written on a piece of paper

“hi, i think you’re really cool, but i’m too p1553d to talk, phone me, 07xxx xxxxxx”

all resulted in a relationship lasting a year or so…

in the end he decided he was gay, just as well, women couldn’t resist him!

nickjb
    Free Member

Single, attractive and sane…. pick two

Might be worth watching the first couple of episodes of the current series of ‘how not to live your life’ for some handy psycho girlfriend tips.

Cougar

The Internet does seem to give some people a common sense bypass.

Years ago now, I used to get a lot of random people chatting on ICQ. I made some good friends out of it, but there did seem to be a disproportionate amount of idiots there.

I remember one guy opening with “I’m gay, is that alright?” – I said “well, I’m straight, is that alright?” Swapped a couple of smalltalk messages and then he started asking for pictures of my c0ck. 🙄

project
    Free Member

Cougar youre a straight farmer then with some hens then:-)

Woody
    Free Member

DrRSwank

All women are nutters.

Gay is the Way

Thus the user name?

jonahtonto
    Free Member

crazy as hell = brilliant in bed.
    i did recently try a sane girlfriend but she just dumped me cos i didnt want to live in a fairytale so i think ill run me down a lunatic again. trick is to only stay at their house which allows you to run like hell when they flare up

U31
    Free Member

Internet dating? Awww come on?
    Do you really think that folk who haven’t the social skills to form a relationship in the real world are gonna be a good prospect?

project
    Free Member

Why cant we have a SINGLETRACK SINGLES section, should be interesting.

Karinofnine

U31, I accept some people on internet dating sites may lack social skills, but not all. I tried internet dating because I have moved to a new area and don’t know anyone. Now my knee is better I will be going on club rides, hopefully that will produce some new friends, which might lead on to romance.

Woody
    Free Member

U31

I think you are missing the point.

If you think about it logically, surely the chances of you meeting a like-minded person are far greater than if you happen to bump into someone in a pub/club/work situation.

I haven’t joined one properly yet but from posting up a basic profile I had loads of info/meet requests from attractive women, on paper at least……mind you, I haven’t posted a pic of myself yet so I expect the interest rate to drop dramatically if I ever get round to it 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

that whole PofF “wanna f@*k” thing worked for 3 blokes that contacted my ex that way, about a week after she moved out of my flat (so i was told by mutual friends who were worried about her behaviour)…
    she wasn’t so much a psycho but more just very hard work due to her mental state for a long time, and with hindsight i should possibly have given up trying long before she broke up with me. but it’s all done now and i’m a hell of a lot happier with things these days. and she didn’t smash up any of my stuff or anything either (although she owes me a bit of money)…

tazzymtb

a helpful guide for chaps using internet dating sites

What she really means.

ADORABLE Wetter than Pamela Anderson’s swimming costume. She’ll be forever showing you pictures of fluffy kittens on her mobile phone and, on your first date, will have given pet names to all your fingers before the main course arrives.

CURVY Fat. Forget any silly notions of Marilyn Monroe’s softly sensuous body. This girl is more pint glass than hourglass.

VOLUPTUOUS Fat and shows too much flesh in clothes two sizes too small for her.

BUBBLY Fat AND annoying. Tries to make up for her ample size by being the life and soul of the party and fails in all respects.

CUDDLY Morbidly obese. A date would necessitate the removal of the roof and a whale sling. Cuddling is very unlikely, although squashing is a distinct possibility.

BBW Stands for ‘big, beautiful woman’. Well, two out of three’s not bad. She’s certainly big and female. But it’s doubtful many beholders will consider her beautiful.

SIZE 10 In Uzbekistan. On the UK High Street it’s a completely different story.

FIERY Psychotic. Cancel a date with this girl and you’ll come home to find your car has been keyed and all the sleeves have been cut off your shirts.

VIVACIOUS Aggressive. An opinionated finger-jabber. She’s got views on everything and she’s not afraid to ram them forcefully down your throat.

GREAT PERSONALITY Ugly as sin. If a woman is selling her personality, then her face looks good in a paper bag.

ARTISTIC Drama Queen. Welcome to a world of slamming doors, smashed crockery and huffy silences.

ATHLETIC AND TONED Flat chested and shapeless. A sexless, lumpless and bumpless Tomboy.

AGE 34 Age 43. There’s more chance of winning the Lottery on a double rollover week than there is of being a woman over 35 and getting a date on the internet. It doesn’t matter if the guy is 60, he’ll still confine his searches to ’35 and under’, so any woman’s age should be taken as a ball park figure.

PLAYFUL Hussy. Working her way through the internet site and it’s your turn.

GIRLY Thick. Shallower than a mouse’s foot bath. High School Musical is her idea of high brow. She can tell you the name of every character in TV teen drama Gossip Girl, but has no idea who the Prime Minister is.

LIVES LIFE TO THE FULL Alcoholic. Likes to start the day with a couple of Bacardi Breezers. Happy Hour is her favourite time of day.

I’M INTO WHIRLWIND ROMANCES My visa runs out in 10 days and if I don’t get married I’ll be deported.

CHALLENGING High-maintenance pain in the neck.

HOMELY Frump. You want to paint the town red and she’ll want you to paint her living room beige. Brace yourself for a world of cup-a-soups and novelty toilet roll holders.

LOYAL Stalker. She’ll have Googled you and looked you up on Friends Reunited before you even meet. Her brain cannot process the words: ‘I don’t think you’re quite right for me.’

LIKES THE FINER THINGS IN LIFE Gold digger. Looking for a new wardrobe, jewellery and a few weekends away before she dumps you for a 25-year-old Adonis.

HONEST No social skills. The censorship button in her brain doesn’t work. Says whatever comes into her head.

SENSITIVE Cry baby. Woe betide you if you don’t notice she’s had her hair cut or that she’s wearing new shoelaces.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😆 Tazzy! Can you write me a profile please?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘OTHER HALF'S FROM HELL! So I dated a psycho!!!’ is closed to new replies.