Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • O/T – Work new job problem
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’ve been given the boot after 11 months for the crappest reason even, even though I’ve brought in £1/4million extra and 60 new accounts where the average order is £200, but that’s not what I want help with though.

Next week I’ve got an interview with my former companies main competitor for a similar role as an on the road saleman.

If I get the job I’ve got at least 3 of my former companies top customers on board bringing their £100k each a year spend with me to the new comapny (I hope). So wages and package etc won’t be an issue as they will instantly start making more money they are spending on employing me.

My question is, what can I have written in to the contract to ensure they don’t **** me off once I’ve brought the business in like the first company did?

Thanks for your help

project
    Free Member

The new and old companies had you working for them to increase their cash flow, they also have the abilty to hire and fire, thats the way of capitalism, dont like it , go self employed.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ask for a percentage of orders you bring them and offer to go self employed to prove your worth. Have a contract that way and teh “customers” remain yours so you could leave with them?
    No idea if this is possible or legal

BigJohn

3 months notice is the max you’ll get.

You’ve just got to make yourself indispensible.

Without wanting to cause offence – are you sure you are as good as you say you are, otherwise wouldn’t they want to keep you?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

There are many reasons why companies buy a product from other companies , service , price , quality etc and the salesman . your company must know there is a good chance that some of their/your customers might be poached by you if you got a job with a competitor but have gone ahead and got rid of you anyway . So the question is if you were as good as you say then what is this “crap” reason that they have used to get rid of you?

richpips
    Free Member

Didn’t you get the flick from your previous job?

Moses

There’s little you can do, except not do whatever you were fired for from the previous job. Which might have been, being too cocky by half.
    If it’s repeating business then they will want to keep you for the next years’ sales. However, don’t slag off your previous employer to customers, or they will wonder why you worked for them in the first place.

druidh
    Free Member

If you were half as good as you think you are, what sane employer would want to get rid of you?

djglover
    Free Member

The figures sound impressive on the face of it, but did you meet your sales target. I presume there is a level of sales at which it in unprofitable to employ you?

allthepies
    Free Member

Two sides to every story, what’s your ex-employer’s I wonder 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

An interesting point to consider here is the market perception of you. I was in a similar position a couple of years ago, took redundancy and was then almost immediately offered a job by a direct competitor. I thought about this for some time and then realised that I would be going straight back to the market and effectively saying, “Well, you remember what I told year earlier in the year? Erm, ignore it. I must have been telling porkie pies then. What I’m saying now is right….”

This could be worth considering in the medium term.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

The reason I was got shot of was the top brass in Europe needed to see costs cut, I was the easiest to get ride of cheaply.
    The excuse “I didn’t fit the remit to match their best high pressure consultative salesman” even though I brought in so much business.

Target was 30% our team was almost on target at 29% the closest team to such a stupidly high target.

The job before the reps were made redundant to make room for cheaper agents.

I’ve not had much luck and I’m after a change to a secure future

postierich
    Free Member

Forget the £$£$£$£$£ and licking ass! ride/falloff your bike more just gone part time and loving it, not missing the £s (helps when the other halfs earns a decent wedge) 😉

Rich

jam-bo

“I didn’t fit the remit to match their best high pressure consultative salesman”

Personally I’d take that as a complement.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘O/T – Work new job problem’ is closed to new replies.