Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • OT: Wireless internet extenders
  • smogmonster

Daft question…do these do what they say on the tin, simply boost your existing wireless signal? Ive a number of rooms with really poor wireless signal, and im hoping one of these maybe the answer..can anyone advise?

samuri
    Free Member

Which ones? There are the ones that look like another router or the ones that plug into the wall….

Or just a bigger aerial on your router sometimes helps. That can be a cheap test.

dobo
    Free Member

im not keen wireless extenders access points etc unless they are wired. e.g you wire from your router to your wireless access point.. which may defeat your purpose

if you dont want to wire them then what seems to be more stable than wireless to wireless in my opinion if you can afford it is to use powerline adapters
    plug 1 in downstairs and then another in the bedroom, then conect to a router or wireless access point or direct the the powerline adapter if theres only 1 connection.

fwiw the link above have powerline adapters from TP which i’ve used and do the job

smogmonster

Cheers Dobo, if i plug the extender into a powerline adaptor in the area of rubbish reception, will that work? Itll give me a simple solution hopefully for the far end of the house and let me connect more than one device?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘OT: Wireless internet extenders’ is closed to new replies.