Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • OT: Hotels around singapore harbour
  • grueller
    Free Member

stopping off on the way back from Oz in April. got a few nights on one of the islands but need a decent hotel with a pool for 2 days. Any recommendations, or is sentosa better?
    Ta

ben
    Free Member

Marina Bay Sands is the obvious choice, depending on what your budget is.

I wouldn’t stay on Sentosa personally as you’re a bit of a way from the city and it’s a bit of a pain getting off and onto it. Depends what you’re planning to do while you’re here really. If you don’t intend to leave the hotel Sentosa would be ok, I’d suggest you see some of the city though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I lived there for two years – what is your budget ? Do you really need a pool ?

Sentosa is OK for a resort type hotel if you don’t want to ever leave the premises which in my opinion would be a total waste of your time there. In my opinion the Marina Bay Sands is a dump and an expensive one at that.

ben
    Free Member

I’d say if the man wants a pool (for whatever reason) then one with a view that MBS offers is hard to beat?

It’s hardly a dump?

I’d also consider Fullerton bay, which again has a nice pool with decent views.

Let us know your budget and I’ll suggest more.

Cheers

grueller
    Free Member

we’ve been to singapore before and done the cable car, sentosa and the shops. We’re staying on one of the islands off Bintan for a few days. Just wanted to relax before getting back on a plane for the journey home. Pool is essential for the kids (didn’t mention them). Budget $200 a night ish. We’ve looked at marina bay sands. Just thought around the harbour might be nicer than sentosa and closer to the city, etc for walking.
    cheers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d also consider Fullerton bay, which again has a nice pool with decent views. Let us know your budget and I’ll suggest more.

^^This^^

Budget may well be key, here! Happy to also recommend some good place to eat, too. Ben may well be a better resource, though, for he is a local!

ben
    Free Member

Hi again. With your budget in mind, here are a couple of suggestions:

Prices are from Asia Rooms but you should be able to get similar rates if you speak to the hotel direct I would have thought (might need to be lucky with the Mandarin!).

Marina Mandarin, SGD 215.80

This would be my first choice at your budget if you can get it at the rate above. It’s one of the better hotels in Singapore and right by the Esplanade & Marina so a good location. Pool looks decent.

Parkroyal, Beach Road, SGD 170.00

This isn’t by the Marina, but still worth a look. The pool is nice and quiet and the hotel’s pleasant. I was here for a month when I first moved here. Location is still pretty central and it’s right by the Arab quarter for some great food in the evening.

Peninsula Excelsior, SGD 217.75

This is in a decent location too, right by City Hall though I don’t know the much about the hotel. The pool looks ok from the photos.

If you want any more info on Singapore feel free to drop me a mail.

Cheers
    Ben

robo66
    Free Member

Check hotelscombined for best prices and ensure you book these hotels early as Singapore hotels do get booked out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘OT: Hotels around singapore harbour’ is closed to new replies.