Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Norwegian Bombing and Shooting?
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Who do you think is behind it?

Seems a bit too politically directed for Al Qaeda is my first impression, but who knows. Anyway, what does ST think?

xiphon
    Free Member

British Gov + Yankies – remember, we’re still on “substantial” threat level…. despite nothing happening in YEARS…. so they keep us paranoid…

… so they can justify the continuing war in the Middle East, to secure oil for the future.

yossarian
    Free Member

Dunno

Got a fair few friends in Oslo, they are properly shit up 🙁

imnotverygood

Well. I’ll add my completely uniformed speculation: I’ll go for right-wing nutters.

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

Am out in Norway on holiday at the moment, it’s a bit shocking. No clear indication of who’s behind the attacks.

kimbers

well al qaida linked group claimed responsibility but analysts reckon its not them
    the guy theyve arrested for the shooting is white

right wing nutters seems the most likely imo

blooddonor
    Free Member

Get a grip, theres more important things like new forest parking or what tyres for leith hill !!!!!!

allthepies
    Free Member

It will be some al-Qaeda associated loons.

yunki
    Free Member

British Gov + Yankies – remember, we’re still on “substantial” threat level…. despite nothing happening in YEARS…. so they keep us paranoid…

… so they can justify the continuing war in the Middle East, to secure oil for the future.

amen

darrell
    Free Member

Hi from Norway. No one knows what is going on.

snowpaul
    Free Member

right wing nazi types gets my vote

chewkw
    Free Member

Nutter copying some craze ideology to murder people. 🙄

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

It’s a diversion tactic by Murdoch :wide-eyed paranoid look:

M6TTF
    Free Member

Nearly 90 people dead, mainly young people, very sad day. At least they caught the scumbag

Raindog
    Free Member

I’m finding some of the “joke” posts on here in pretty bad taste. If you can’t add anything of interest please keep the jokes for other topics.

souldrummer
    Free Member

What a tragedy. Can’t begin to imagine the terror of the kids on that island. Truly shocking.

Drac

Bombing part is bad enough. The shooting of the kids in cold blood is truly disturbing.

althepal

That is truly some messed up shit. The bomb was bad enough but the island? Mental. Thoughts go out to them over there.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

awful events

went to bed and the death toll was 11 which is bad enough… woke up this morning and it was over 80 killed on the island alone 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Same here Omar. How the hell did he managed to carry enough firepower to kill 84 people?!?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

BBC reported possibly more than one shooter. Given the death toll I think thats a given. Horrible.

yossarian
    Free Member

No, that’s the bit I can’t work out either. I’m guessing that he had time to reload plenty of times and the victims had nowhere to go as it took place on an island

Poor kids 🙁

Coyote
    Free Member

Semi automatic at close range in the hands of someone who knows what he was doing. Plus it’s not a big island. Just heard on the radio that some victims tried to play dead but he went round making sure by shooting everyone in the head. I thought I’d heard it all…

Klunk
    Free Member

reports suggest he was dressed as a policeman and asked everyone to gather round before opening fire!

Lifer
    Free Member

allthepies – Member

It will be some al-Qaeda associated loons.

Islamist terror threat

The European Union’s Terrorism Situation and Trend Report 2010 states that in 2009 there were “294 failed, foiled, or successfully executed attacks” in six European countries.

As for who’s responsible, forget Islamists. The overwhelming majority of the attacks- 237 of 294 – were carried out by separatist groups, such as the Basque ETA. A further 40 terrorists schemes were pinned on leftist and/or anarchist terrorists. Rightists were responsible for four attacks. Single-issue groups were behind two attacks, while responsibility for a further 10 was not clear.

Islamists? They were behind a grand total of one attack. Yes, one. Out of 294 attacks. In a population of half a billion people. To put that in perspective, the same number of attacks was committed by the Comité d’Action Viticole, a French group that wants to stop the importation of foreign wine.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…..in 2009 there were “294 failed, foiled, or successfully executed attacks” in six European countries.

I think Europol’s definition of a “terrorist attack” might differ significantly from most people’s perception of terrorism. They include arson attacks, including failed arson attacks, as acts of terrorism – most people would probably see them as simply criminal acts.

If you’re going lump all illegal and criminal acts with a political motive as “terrorist”, then you would struggle not to label the Iraq War as an act of terrorism, or Tony Blair as a terrorist.

I agree that the threat from Muslim terrorists is insignificant however, mostly because there is an insufficient amount of wannabe Muslim terrorists, not because of intelligence. But I also think the general threat of terrorism is insignificant – I fully support xiphon’s point.

What has happened in Norway is truly shocking and horrific though – I can’t begin to imagine what it must be like for those who have been part of, and have witnessed, the carnage.

yunki
    Free Member

Have just read a bizarre comment on facebook regarding a news bulletin about the shootings.. where a woman has proclaimed..

‘pre-meditated, sounds too much like the London bombings. Just a coincidence?’

Really..!?
    Now that to me just demonstrates the self- delusion that people are capable of when it comes to blaming Islamists for anything and everything..

What a great bit of marketing by the governments controlling the coalition forces in securing support for the oil wars..

seosamh77
    Free Member

jesus, shocking didn’t expect the death toll to go up that much, RIP.

chewkw
    Free Member

Extreme mindsets are all the same whether they are on the ‘right’, ‘left’ or the ‘wrong’ side. These mindsets derived their reasoning from annihilatic view (absolutism etc) and when they cook up their heads there is no way out apart from violence.

RIP to those killed.

p/s: the murderer(s) should be judged under the ancient Viking rules and the punishment that follows should be the same.

_tom_
    Free Member

Can’t tell whether you’re serious or trolling!

chewkw
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member

Can’t tell whether you’re serious or trolling!

The thinking of the ‘left’ is as dangerous as those on the ‘right’ as they are all extreme in their outlook of the world. i.e. different side of the same coin. So I wonder if they have gone full circle …

dogbert
    Free Member

How the hell did he managed to carry enough firepower to kill 84 people?!?

not exactly difficult. According to reports he had a machine gun, handgun and shotgun and spent around an hour shooting. an H&K MP5 carries about 30 rounds per mag, a pump action shotgun around 12 and a Beretta 9mm will carry 15 per mag. A few reloads of each and your up to around 150 rounds.

From what they’re saying about him and how he started it all on the island, he’s taken his time planning this – dress as a policeman, gather everyone around before opening fire, all on a small island which is hard to escape from or hide……and if it was him who committed the bombing (although you don’t have to be Poirot to work this one out), everyone is looking the other way when you commit the bigger act of violence – someone’s had a chip on his shoulder for a while about something

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You start to think of the ripple effect of the deaths of that many (presumably young, though I’m sure there will be adults involved) people and it’s horrific – families, friends, schoolfriends, neighbours, teachers…this is a sizeable chunk of people whose lives will never be the same after this.

Truly horrific – I hope the people involved find some way to deal with it as time goes by – I can’t imagine what it must feel like for many thousands of people in Norway this morning. 🙁

epicsteve
    Free Member

Shocking – almost made me feel sick reading about it. I’ve been to Oslo a few times and it’d have been pretty much top of my list of safe places to live.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

I have a relative that works in the bombed district .. I believe they’re on holiday out in the ‘sticks’ at the moment but still waiting to hear confirmation of OKness

Shocking times.

Norway/Oslo is one of those small world, but still very cosmopolitan places, a total national population of less than London. Whenever I’m there its felt like a nice, quiet, safe place, and that’s because it IS one of those nice, safe places (usually).

chewkw
    Free Member

Imabigkidnow – Member

Norway/Oslo is one of those small world, but still very cosmopolitan places, a total national population of less than London. Whenever I’m there its felt like a nice, quiet, safe place, and that’s because it IS one of those nice, safe places (usually).

There is no such thing as the safest place in the world as we are all exposed to some sort of danger due to the global movement of people and with this weird ideologies start to creep up on us all. Wrong time, wrong place and we all get it.

yunki
    Free Member

Markku Niska tweets:

9/11 GW Bush: “We’re gonna hunt you down!”,
    7/22 J Stoltenberg: “We will retaliate with more democracy, transparency and openness”

racefaceec90

that’s horrible 😯 (haven’t watched the news for a couple of days) my condolences to everyone caught up in that tragedy 🙁

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

chewkw – tru dat … it’s the loss of a way of life as well as loss of live.

Edukator
    Free Member

TF1 “adepte de jeux de guerre”.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVtgJs0Lx-o[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Norwegian Bombing and Shooting?’ is closed to new replies.