Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • OS lion
  • RegP
    Free Member

I have a mac laptop, and the itv player has just told me that I need to be on newer software, I think I am on 10.5 as it is about two years old.

Is lion the best way to go/will it mean learning everything again, advice required please as I am not very techie, a computer is for work, itunes and internet browsing.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

having a quick look on their website, their minimum requirement is os 10.6 & intel based mac.

If you need to know what you are running click on the apple in the top left of your screen & click about this mac. It’ll tell you the processor & system info.

Radioman

Im no techie but i upgraded my iMac to OS Lion a while back and have no regrets. I actually now like the “magic track pad” i bought to use with it rather than the old mouse…seems simple to me

tails
    Free Member

What laptop is it macbook, macbook pro, ibook??

Also go up to the little apple symbol and click software update. Apologies if you have done this already.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

To upgrade to lion10.7 you’ll first need to upgrade to snow leopard 10.6

office 2008 seems to have some problems with lion. Plus old power pc apps that needed Rosetta won’t work in lion.

vimto
    Free Member

I would just go to snow leopard and not bother with lion. As said up there to install lion you would need to first upgrade to snow leopard. Also I have found lion to be alot slower than snow leopard. After installing lion my mac keeps dropping it’s wifi connection; looking on the forums it seems that other people have also experienced this.

derekrides
    Free Member

+1 with Vimto, Lion sucks, stick with Snow Leopard.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Really like Lion here too. Have it on my macbook and an older mac mini. Fine on the mac mini (an older core duo model with 3GB of memory) and haven’t noticed it to be any slower than snow leopard.

allthegear
    Free Member

Lion here, too. REALLY like it.

Rachel

CaptJon
    Free Member

I’ve got Lion on my MBP, and Snow Leopard on my work and home desktops. The only difference i notice is the gestures on the track pad, and given neither of my desktops have a pad i’ll not bother making the upgrade just yet.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

I run both and prefer Snow Leopard. Lion is too grey!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I like Lion a lot. I switched to a track pad and find the gestures to make scooting about all very intuitive. I’m usually flipping between browser, mail, iTunes and Lightroom, and it’s great to be able to do it just by dropping another finger onto the pad. Even with 8GB of RAM, iPhoto and Spotlight seem to be a little hungrier than in Snow Leopard and I have to knock both off when running Lightroom to keep adjustments in real-time. The lag is tiny, but enough to give me irritation.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘OS lion’ is closed to new replies.