Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ortlieb Front vs Back Roller sizing
  • pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I have a road bike, with a Tubus Fly rear rack. I know I can fit Front Rollers (on the back), without heel strike, but clearance is 2 inches at most. Will I be able to fit Back Rollers OK?

I know they’re bigger, but they taper to about the same width as the front rollers at the bottom, and they look like they have a longer top rail, so I should be able to mount them further back?

Can anyone with the back rollers let me know the dimensions (horizontal & vertical), between the end of the upper rail and the bottom corner of the bag so I can compare it to my front rollers?

scotroutes

You can adjust the fitting brackets to move the bags rearwards on the rack.

Or fit an Axiom Streamliner rack that has extensions to move the whole rack rearwards (the brackets can attach to your QR).

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I know I can adjust the brackets, but my front rollers are as far back as they will go. I’m trying to work out whether I can get the back rollers as far backwards.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why not wask the retailer in question?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Why not wask the retailer in question?

Cos he’ll get a quicker reply on here?

31cm from top edge of top rail to bottom edge of bottom corner, top rail is also 31cm long 😀

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Thank you! So it’ll be a bit lower, but I can probably get it far enough backwards with the longer rail.

amedias
    Free Member

FWIW, I have a Fly on the back of my bike, and a pair of Back Rollers doing daily duty hung off it, no clearance issues at all for me using 170mm cranks and size 9.5 shoes, loads of room

There is a lot of adjustment in the clamps, you can set them up with the pannier practially hanging half off the back of a rack if you wanted to so I can’t see how you’d have clearance issues unless you’ve got really huge feet and a really short back end.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Well, it’s a 405mm chainstay, 175mm cranks and size 11 feet, so it’s not ideal. Looks like it’s worth at least ordering a pair to try though. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ortlieb Front vs Back Roller sizing’ is closed to new replies.