Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Orlando
  • johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Anyone know of any decent riding near to Orlando, Florida. We all fly out a week on Tuesday and I’m planning to escape the mayhem of the theme parks for a day, hire a bike and get a bit of riding in. I have done a search but it seems that Florida’s idea of mountainbiking is riding hybrid bikes around doubletrack routes and tarmac cycleways.
    Somewhere within an hour or so drive of Orlando with a waymarked route and bike hire would be nice.
    There’s only so much Mickey Mouse, Goofy and the Seven Dwarfs I can take before I crack up completey.
    Any advice gratefully received.

RealMan
    Free Member

A mate went to Florida, did a bit of riding while he was out there (on road). Said it was flat as a pancake. Could just be the area he was in though.

br
    Free Member

I’ve been many times, just can’t imagine there been anywhere… but could be wrong.

But if you’ve an afternoon spare, I can absolutly recommend going to Cape Canaveral and taking the full ‘tour’.

vinnyeh

Try searching for ‘Orlando’ here.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I had similar plans this Summer but couldn’t find much so didn’t bother.

If you’re only there for a week you’ll have tons to keep you occupied I assure you 😀

jun9lebunnie
    Free Member

Mtb’ing in Florida – theres no hills but a few purpose built trails with short sharp climbs/descents, in Orlando though I’m not sure. You’d be better off hiring a road bike or using the hotels gym.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I seriously doubt it. Very flat as mentioned above and you don’t really want to go riding through the bush and happen upon one of the thousands of gators that are in the state either.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Orlando’ is closed to new replies.