Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Organising bikes in Asgard metal shed
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Hi all,

Just bought an eight bike metal shed from Asgard (14 x 5) as we’re a six bike family and I was wondering what people use for organising their bikes inside them. It’s this one here and I think having four bikes lined up at the end and then two leant against the sides nearest the door makes the most sense.

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/bike-cycle-storage/bike-storage-shed-plus

The 4 bikes to be lined up at the end are kids bikes (16,24 and 26″ wheeled MTBs) and my MTB and then my station bike and the wife’s 29er will be nearest the doors for easy access.

Unsure if something like this would be best, or whether I should just put a pole across and hang them off their seats as you often see at trail centres?

https://www.esedirect.co.uk/p-3555-zinc-plated-floor-bike-rack.aspx

I’d imagine the differing tyre sizes might make the floor rack a bit of a pain so am erring towards the simple pole solution, but this means some wasted space as the kids bikes are much shorter than mine.

Any advice?

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Nope?! I have a reverb on my bike – will it get harmed hanging from the saddle with the rear wheel off the ground? Obviously much less load then my backside, but in the opposite direction of course.

somouk
    Free Member

I wouldn’t hand anything from a reverb.

If it was me I’d go for the floor rack and bolt it down. Gives you another security point to run a chain through the wheels and also keeps all the bikes up independently so you can get one out without having to move all the others.

Daffy

Is it tall enough to put something like this in?

Linky…

There are cheaper versions and you could get 2 in on each wall with the kids bikes above. This would give you storage for 8 (N+2) with easy access to all bikes.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Daffy – Member
    Is it tall enough to put something like this in?

Linky…

There are cheaper versions and you could get 2 in on each wall with the kids bikes above. This would give you storage for 8 (N+2) with easy access to all bikes.

I don’t think it is but will double check. Good point re security although the sheds are meant to be pretty impenetrable plus I have a ground anchor and battleship chain for my pride and joy. Not that fussed about locking the kids bikes up. Main concern with floorstand was I’d imagine the bikes might flop if the tyres are skinny or may get stuck in of they’re fat?

That one I linked to is cheap enough to get a try I think. Have heard mixed advice about hanging from saddles when there’s a dropper post. Plenty of alpine uplifts transport bikes this way and they swing about on the way up too, but I guess that’s for 10 mins at a time rather than days or more.

benpinnick

Hanging off your reverb is fine if its fully extended. Personally if theres enough height I’d hang them by their wheels. Maybe consider drilling the roof and adding Park bolted hooks with a rubber washer on the outside to keep it water tight.

looneylunn
    Free Member

If there is enough height I’d hang them off the back or side wall from the wheels. You could use individual hooks or a rail with butcher hooks which slide along the rail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Organising bikes in Asgard metal shed’ is closed to new replies.