Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ordering stuff from overseas
  • NZCol

We were having an internal debate about this and i thought I would ask the paying UK public your thoughts. This isn't advertising, its a genuine question.

Would you be comfortable buying clothing online from here (nz) if we outlined
    1) A clear sizing explanation
    2) how long it will take to get to you and a returns policy if its not what you expected or fit
    3) How VAT and import duties worked ?

We do a bit of it now but we want to ramp up our UK exposure and wondered what (if any) barriers there are to doing it all from here as opposed to stockpiling gear in the UK. Which is expensive and probably not going to happen !

Feel free to delete if its deemed too dodgy a question. 😆

Edit: Sorted my speeling(sic)

DeeJay
    Free Member

Can't see why not – I've parted with a fair few dollars to Ground Effect over the years with no ill effect at all – except to my wallet 😉

Inzane
    Free Member

yeh, GE have been selling a decent amount of their stuff into the UK. As long as you have a quality product on a believable website with the right sort of marketing I cant see why people would not buy your stuff as well?? I am viewing this from your side of the ditch tho.

saleem
    Free Member

The Gf ordered a dress from the USA the other day £280, 3-5 working days to ship it, no returns, she's fine with that, but then again it's her money so as long as it turns up it means I don't have to buy a replacement. 😆

alexathome
    Free Member

I wouldn't worry too much col at the current exchange rate orders might be slim pickings 😉

golfcurry
    Free Member

used ground effect many times, so cant see why not.

NZCol

Thanks for the replies, interesting, And yep exchange rates are indeed making life interesting. However we'll just keep rocking on and continue to beat the hobbits to produce great gear 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ordering stuff from overseas’ is closed to new replies.