• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by aP.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • order maybe lost in post
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

so im awaiting on an order from a reputable bike shop (ordered online..
    10 days waiting now (some of you mite say this is not along time, especially in the run up to xmas.. the thing is ..ive phoned the company up and they say royal mail is delivering my parcel but there is no tracking details (this firm dont do the ‘track my parcel’ scenerio..
    whilst i was ordering the order seemed to go ahead before i had finished putting the final details in… the money has come out of my account more or less straight away… the bike shop says they cant track my parcel now..and hopefully my parcel shud turn up.. if it doesnt turn up am i within my rights to get my money back… i cant prove over the fone that i didnt recieve the parcel…. but hey ho fingers crossed it arrives.. i have also rung my local sorting office and they say its not there..yet…

druidh
    Free Member

We send all mail out “To Be Signed For”. That means it can’t be tracked whilst in progress but we can tell whether or not it was delivered. It is the shops responsibility to get it to you and if it doesn’t arrive, then they should provide a replacement or a refund.

However….. there have been lots of delays up and down the country this last couple of weeks. It’s frustrating for both the customers and the shops.

trailmonkey

I work in internet retail. There are big delays within the Royal Mail because of the season and because of the backlog due to the weather. If it’s been sent via Royal Mail then there will not be any tracking details. If the retailer hasn’t sent it by recorded delivery then it’s not up to you to prove they haven’t arrived.

I’m sure it’s a hassle but don’t worry too much, the law is on your side if you haven’t got your goods.

craig1975
    Free Member

Ive been waiting for a parcel delivery for over a week now.. royal useless mail are behind and up to there eyes in it due to the adverse weather off recent.. at least they have and excuse for being useless for a change.. its funny how DHL managed to deliver a parcel during the bad weather conditions up here in Glasgow… sooner royal mail is privatised the better… 👿

druidh
    Free Member

Actually, Royal Mail and TNT have been the only ones regularly delivering to us.

ojom
    Free Member

As Onion says, we have had excellent service from the RM bearing in mind the difficulties the last fortnight has brought them.

Get onto them to send another one out and return the other when it turns up.

craig1975
    Free Member

Royal mail would not walk to my street because of the snow on the pavement.. the sorting office is about a 3rd of a mile away from me.. off my own back i had to go to the sorting office twice to pick up mail which isnt a big issue.. i was told on Friday that they have a back log of post which is resulting in really bad delays.. I was also told that they are not allowed to hand over mail from there sorting office unless i have a card in future.. go figure.. even though ive known them for near 10 years… and… i would be kinda helping the situation.. useless un helpfull orginisation..

postierich
    Free Member

sooner royal mail is privatised the better… 🙄

spooky_b329

Elaine, its not classed as lost with Royal Mail until 15 days from the posting date. Once 15 days are up, the company should refund or replace. Its their responsibility to get compensation from RM (which only covers up to around £28) and the company should refund you regardless, it doesn’t matter if RM agree to refund them or if the goods exceed the compensation limit. There is no point chasing RM for the compensation, its the poster that has the contract with RM, not you.

aP
    Free Member

If you think that the service will get better or not cost significantly more when the Royal Mail is renamed Deutsche Post you are sadly mistaken.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘order maybe lost in post’ is closed to new replies.