Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Orbea Occam AM
  • blitz

Was in the LBS today. They had an Orbea Occam AM H30 in which looked quite tasty. Briefly spoke to them about it but wondered if anyone had ridden one?

Wondering if it’s worth adding to the new trail bike short list to consider? Looking at the Whyte T-130, Aeris 120 etc.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Yes, ridden it lots. I´ve got the top of the range carbon bling machine. It´s 24lbs but has been thrown down mountains all year with no problems. I wrote a review on the basqueMTB website, some thoughts on it really. In summary, it´s absolutely great.

Be careful with sizing, they size up small. I´m on a M but really need a Large. Pete Scullion is reviewing one for Wideopen so watch out for that. We did a big trip with them in the high Pyrenees with a few journalists last year, pretty extreme stuff, especially for a 140mm trail bike, and they loved the bike.

Happy to answer questions on the bike.

scotroutes

I’ve just bought one. Dougs review was part of the reason.

blitz

Just read the review Doug. Sounds good. What height are you to be in between sizes? I’m 5′ 9″ (175cm) with 31″ inside leg. Just wondering where this would sit for sizing? I didn’t actually see the size of the one the LBS had in.

Looks like it’s worth adding to the mix when I get to demoing.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’m 178-179cm and should be on the L really. The M is too small but fun with it. I ride the M Rallon so when I swap back and forth I notice the size difference. Next year I’ll get the L Occam and M Rallon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Orbea Occam AM’ is closed to new replies.