Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Orange iPhone3 deal
  • Woody
    Free Member

Orange has got a deal on HERE on the iphone3 which with 250MB will cost me £20 a month. I don’t anticipate needing to do much other than checking the odd email and a small amount of web browsing.

Any good and any suggestions welcome?

You may have gathered I’m pretty clueless about this (the next bit is a giveaway) but my Samsung Tocco lite has just died and I need to get something a bit more up to date.

Flaperon

It’s a bit of a rip-off for something that’s getting on for four years old and on a two-year contract at that. Screen resolution is the lowest on the market and it’s got an antique CPU.

If you’re going to get an iPhone either splash out on the 4 or 4S or go for an Android or Windows Phone alternative. Get a £10 sim-only deal from GiffGaff and buy a sim-unlocked phone from eBay for the £240 you’ll save.

Drac

I’d wait a few days and see what happens with prices when the 4S plans are released. But yeah 250mb will be enough for casual surfing.

Clobber
    Free Member

Better off with something like a wildfire surely?

Woody
    Free Member

Ok, I can wait and I’ve no loyalty to any brand or system and there-in lies the problem………I haven’t got a bloody clue 😳

All I need is something that will let me pick up emails and occasionally browse a couple of forums and check Ebay. Any downloads will be done on wireless at home.

warton
    Free Member

that is the worst deal ever. you won’t even get ios5 on it when that comes out in a couple of weeks, so by the end of the two years the OS will be unsupported, as will the phone in all probibility.

Drac

IOS 5 is being released on 3GS is it not?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I read it as that drac but in all honesty it will be chronic – the 3gs is a disaster with os4 on – folks will tell you its fine im sure but i have a 4 the mrs a 3gs and hers is a nightmare to use due to lag after she updated the os – she doesnt notice it buti do when i uae hers to send the odd text

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mates just got an i4 on 3 for 25/ mOnth, now that’s a good deal!

Cougar

We’ve just had half of this discussion (cheap handsets, IOS5 on old phones), here – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/android-phones

Woody
    Free Member

I don’t want to spend more than £25 monthly as my usage will be limited. I’m with Orange at the moment and also have a broadband/phone package with them.

Having said that, the reception is very poor at my house due to a nearby wind farm and I really don’t trust them to recommend the phone I need, with the right plan!
    I’m on Dolphin 15 at the moment which gives me unlimited UK landline calls, 100 cross network minutes and ?100 texts. This does me fine so all I need is the same + a bit of web access.

warton
    Free Member

oh its the 3GS? i thought it was the old 3G. must learn to read the links people provide!

In that case its not the best deal, but its not bad, I’d go for the 4 though…

BigJohn

I’m seriously thinking about that 3GS for £15 a month. I have an old Orange SPV and I pay £10 a month for calls and texts. I’m not a heavy user and I rarely feel the need to use the web on it.

A lot of people seem to think that as a phone the 3GS was pretty fine so for an extra £5 a month it’s got to be a good deal for me hasn’t it?

mav12
    Free Member

Orange also offer 25%discount to nhs you can get a sanfransisco free for £10 per month which wold do what you require

BigJohn

Quite fancy the idea of the iPhone. Are there loads of apps for the San Francisco?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Orange iPhone3 deal’ is closed to new replies.