Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Orange 5 sizing
  • Guilliano
    Free Member

IF I were to guy one what size would I need? I’m 6’1 with a 34 inch inside leg and I am torn between the 18″ and 20″ frames….. anyone help?

coatesy
    Free Member

Personally, i’d recommend the 20″, though lot’s of people seem happy to ride the 18″ with a lot of post showing. Why not demo one and see for youself, Orange dealers should be able to sort you out for the cost of a small deposit(refundable against a purchase).

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Also 6’1 and ride an 18″ its perfect

coatesy
    Free Member

Just like buses,wait seven hrs for an answer and two come along at once.

Gibbon
    Free Member

20″.

spanners
    Free Member

6′ 33″ leg. 18″ perfect.

andylux
    Free Member

I’m having exactly the same dilemna, I’m the same height as Guilliano, test rode an 18″ with the stock Pro narrow bar and stem round cannock and i ended up with discomfort between my shoulder blades.

I Currently ride a L Stumpy FSR with a 65mm stem, I wouldn’t want to go longer than 90mm on my new frame.

18″ felt great Downhill and good on the climbs to me but i was just a little put off by the backache and my pikes won’t fit in the 20″ 5 frame.

I’ve spoken to pro rider Rowan Sorrell about this, he rides an 18″ 5 with a 50mm stem, he too is 6’1″ and obviously loves it. He rides all over the world on that bike for DIRTmag, climbing aswell as DH.

jam-bo

i ride a 18″ 5 with a 50mm stem too.

except i’m 5’10” and nowhere near as good as rowan.

bike is still fun though…

wormhole

six foot and ride an 18, fits me perfectly!! love it too.

molgrips
    Free Member

5’11 and 18″ – big enough, but if I were any taller I’d want 20. Seatpost is near the max mark with my 32″ inside leg.

pennine
    Free Member

6’0 + 33″ leg and ride 18″. Rode a mates 20″ and didn’t notice that much difference. I suppose I’m a size between the two. However, the 18″ suits me fine.

dr_adams
    Free Member

I’m 5’9 and short inside leg of maybe 30/31″ and i hired an 18 and it felt perfect so i would have thought you would have been pushing the 20?

jimw
    Free Member

I amd 6’2″ with about the same inside leg as you – I have a 20″ and it is great for me. Tried an 18″ as a demo and whilst it rode really well I felt a bit cramped and was advised by the dealer to go for the 20″ and I have no regrets at all. Whichever you buy you’ll have a blast.

4ndyB
    Free Member

5’9″, 32″ inside leg, 18″ ’07 frame.

DaveE

I’m 6 ft and ride a 18 inch with 70mm stem and layback seatpost.
    Agree with comment about std bars and stem on pro. Have swapped for wider Ea70 bars and thomson stem. Stiffens front end a treat.

matt_outandabout

6′, 33″ leg on an 18″ ST4 – I was absolutely borderline on frame size, but glad I am on smaller one – its stretched enough with stock stem, without being too long. If I had 20″ I would probably pop on a shorter stem….

Guilliano
    Free Member

I’ll probably want a 70mm stem as I am opting for the Fox 36 Vanilla upgrade if I go for one…. make it a bit more “all mountain”. Plus I’d go for the performance pack so I’d get the Easton Monkeylite bars which are plenty wide enough. I’d love to demo one, but I am nowhere near a dealer and the shop I work in would get one from another shop the owner knows…. so I’d have to rely on recommended size and I’ve been told the 20″ is a gate. All I have to go by is Giant sizing where I have to opt for a 20″ frame

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 sizing’ is closed to new replies.