Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Orange 5 set up (2011)
  • shanta
    Free Member

Just got myself a 5 (2011) and just wondered if anyone could give me some pointers on shock pressures etc (im 14’ish stone) and explain all the setting on the shock to me. got about 160psi in the shock at the moment and seems to use pretty much all the travel without doing any gnarly stuff.

Thanks for your help…

GavinB

Loco tuning

Some good info here.

orangeman5
    Free Member

Same weight,TF Tuned and 210psi, fine for me… 😀

shanta
    Free Member

orangeman5

What about the settings on the dial?

Rickos
    Free Member

I used 160psi and I’m 12 and a half stone in me boxers, so sounds like you need more pressure. 160psi gave me about a third sag and worked well. Leave pro pedal open for the downs. You prolly won’t need it too much for the ups either. Rebound – just set what you like for your riding.

shanta
    Free Member

How do the 1,2,3 settings come into it?

Rickos
    Free Member

Pro pedal. When you put pp on (lever towards the valve) it will have a varying degree of firmness depending on 1, 2 or 3.

shanta
    Free Member

So open has one setting, PP has three?

Rickos
    Free Member

Yes. Open is just open. Pp just adds varying degrees of compression damping to firm the shock up for those long fire road climbs.

orangeman5
    Free Member

Sorry shanta,was out. I set mine on three, mainly ride Glentress and works fine for me, hope that helps. 😀

stuartddancer
    Free Member

Being a bigish fella (no offence, i am 16 stone) your shock with the factory valving is running at the upper end of its parameters. I have mine soft at 200 psi to give me a similar feel to my 36’s up front. I blow through this easy. but upping the pressure puts it out of sink with the fork. Saving as we speak for mojo to do the valving for my weight and the type of riding I do. Its around £130 which is inclusive of a service, i know is a shitter for you with your new shock.

skywalker
    Free Member

12.5mm is 25% sag. Start there are see how it feels, reduce or add 5 psi at a time if you feel it needs to be harder or softer.

Pro pedal is just compression damping.

shanta
    Free Member

Thanks all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 set up (2011)’ is closed to new replies.