Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Orange 5 in cosmic white ??
  • snap
    Free Member

Hi Ive seen loads of colours but does anybody have a 5 in cosmic white that i could have some pics of
    Thinking about getting one

Thanks

GaryLake
    Free Member

I think Hora has one in white…

z1ppy
    robinbetts
    Free Member

I have one in the pearl white with silver detail. I think it's an awesome colour for the 5 and wouldn't bother paying the extra for the cosmic.

hora
    Free Member

Just popping a new stem on mine. Its not cosmic? Is that like a silvery effect? …but it does look ace!

snap
    Free Member

Hi
    Hora.Yes the cosmic white does have a silvery effect ive seen wheels in cosmic (which look great) but never a frame
    Is yours pearl or flat white?

What size would anybody recommend for someone
    5-10 ,32"inside leg
    i Thought id be a 18" but looking at oranges geometery a 16" reads the same as my medium Whyte19, and medium Cove handjob

hora
    Free Member

Pearl white I think, so cosmic would be even better IMO.

33inch inside/6ft2.

I recommend test riding one first though. My mates got a 16" and its really small compared to my 18". With hindsight I think he would have bought a 18" but a layback as helped solve his prob. I think hes about 3inches shorter than me.

hora
    Free Member

Ps. Just reread robinbetts post and agree with him- £100 extra? No sorry. Its not worth it. Any of the standard colours are great and the paintwork seems very high quality.

iainc

snap – I am same height as you and inside leg 30.5. I have an 18 an it's spot on with an in-line post and 90mm stem. A 16 would be too small for me, but again, it's a case of what feels right when you are on it.

hora
    Free Member

Iainc – Ive just fitted a 0rise 50mm stem to my 18"!

hora
    Free Member

Ps I find my 18" quite long. Personal preferences but I'd recommend a spin on someones/shops first. When your on either you will think 'ah' straight away.

GaryLake
    Free Member

18" is long, but that's a good thing for me – run a 60mm stem and inline post getting you down inside the bike – rarr!

5'10" 32 leg

stevomcd
    Free Member

snap:

Just got an Alpine 160, 18". I'm 5'11", 32" leg, definitely no way I could go for the 16".

hora
    Free Member

Pics please.

snap
    Free Member

Hi
    Just picked a demo up in 18" with the new boost valve(what ever that is)
    Size wise it feels good

Thanks

hora
    Free Member

Again, the law of STW now demands two sets of pics.

snap
    Free Member

Hora
    Its white
    That would be enough to send you weak at the knees

hora
    Free Member

White? You just snapped my undie-elastic 😕 😯

snap
    Free Member

Someone please tell me how to do the pic posting thing on stw
    im dumb and a complete computer numpty so as simples as possible please

Thanks

hora
    Free Member

Click on the IMG and put in the URL- you would need to load them upto somewhere like FLickr first though. Or just post the Flickr page.

Drac

Good instructions here for posting images

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forums/forum-help/

snap
    Free Member

Thanks Hora
    have to sort out Flickr account
    Then im sorted

Im off to give it blast now,looks great i just hope it rides better than my old 5spot

snap
    Free Member

Drac
    many thanks,i never thought of looking on the help pages
    yet more proof of numptyness

hora
    Free Member

Aye- Im just checking my diff oil levels (have to remove air filter box to get to the dipstick)- arse! Then Im off upto Hebden.

Drac

No worries Snap so many don't look.

Me I'm watching it rain and pondering a coastal spin this afternoon as kids doing my head in. Won't be in the Orange though it's a 7+ and kind of heavy for spins.

jack
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

Sat in Mooch cafe earlier and I was flirted with by a beautiful natural blonde. Doesnt happen often but good for the soul/confidence. Ride was ok but all I could think about was her 😀

snap
    Free Member

Hora
    That does it im getting a 5 in what ever colour youve got

hora
    Free Member

We exchanged a couple of glances earlier. Then when I was paying next to her they asked what I ordered? So I said dead-pan 'just the tapwater'. Silence, she laughed. I said 'well it will work one day'! She turned to me and said I thought it was really funny and I replied 'thats only two of us then'.

Darn. Why didnt I add something else like 'fancy a drink sometime'?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 in cosmic white ??’ is closed to new replies.