Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Orange 5 help
  • roger1980
    Free Member

Hi all, I’m soon going to ordering a 2011 orange 5 pro. I’ve looked at all the options and chosen what I’m going to have. The problem is that I cant decide on a colour!! I’ve sort of narrowed it down to apple green frame with either a White or grey rear arm or one of the blues with a White or black rear arm. I’ve looked all over the Internet for piccys of these colour combos but cannot find anything. Does anyone have and pics of any of these combinations and also does anyone think the colours will work together?? Thanks in advance

Cheers roger

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh come on. Get a grip!

roger1980
    Free Member

Cheers for the input!! Just thought people may have some ideas on colours before I order it.

Cheers roger

joeh2o
    Free Member

Have it sent to me, unpainted, and I’ll ride it around for a few months and I’ll then be able to better advise on what colour would suit it.

joeegg
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter which colour combo you get the 5 is still pretty ugly!

sambob
    Free Member

All one colour is better IMO. Neon green!

anto164
    Free Member

one colour only.

Do NOT get a different coloured swingarm, looks like you broke it and had to settle for a mismatched one.

orangefive
    Free Member

Got to be Orange – Neon Flavoured!!!

orangefive
    Free Member

steve_b77
    Free Member

Do they do anodised?

Don’t do different colours, the swing arm is too chunky to carry it off IMHO

orangefive
    Free Member

Get a Raw – mates got one and looks good, then when youve made your mind up you can get it painted and not be out of pocket 😉

billysugger
    Free Member

Know one of the painters from Orange, went down there and looked at a good few options hanging on racks. I’d already made my mind up for apple green option but went to see if anything else jumped out.

I’m more than happy with it. Only other combo I considered was matt black front, white swingarm. I’d put pics on but I cant take photos with a pot on my arm

roger1980
    Free Member

Orangefive- loving the colour. So it seems that one colour may be better. The shop I’m going to order from has a blue five with White rear arm that looks good. Also they have a kermit green that looks the bizz too but the shop said apple green looks better but more hard wearing!! Hmm I think I’m going to have to go back and look at the colours again!! Anyone got a piccy of a five in apple green?

Cheers roger

carlphillips
    Free Member

one colour only, i just had my prophet done blue front triangle and white swingarm….it looks shite.

billysugger
    Free Member

gimme a min

billysugger
    Free Member

Jamesy
    Free Member

as others have said stick with one colour, Apple green looks sweet do a search on the forum you will find a few nice pics of Apple green ones, they look really nice with white forks

Mantastic
    Free Member

I went for White frame, it then matches the forks. Then went for neon orange rims, looks great, shame I have no idea how to post pics. If you are in the midlands your welcome to have a look

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pick which ever colour matches your handbag 😉

oreetmon
    Free Member

im thinking that all these neon frames will look naff in 18mnths as ‘fashion’ changes.
    my new 5 frame will be the same boring chrome grey as my current one but it hides scratches/dirt very well and looks ‘newer’ than my mates 5 (same year but in yellow).

roger1980
    Free Member

Loving the apple green now I’ve seen those pics. Mantastic- cheers for the offer but no where near you I’m up in teeside. does anyone know if the upgraded forks that orange offer are also White or are they all different colours?? Sorry if it’s obvious but I don’t know!!

Cheers roger

roger1980
    Free Member

I also like they grey. I have many handbags so would have to get the bike multi coloured!!

CheesybeanZ

apple green and neon orange

galleydj
    Free Member

Apple green with white rims. I believe the upgraded forks come in white, mine has the Fox 32 RLC upgrade which are white.

molgrips
    Free Member

When I ordered my Patriot I had a choice. I went for white, it has black forks.

It still looks cool even though it’s had the orange Cardiff mud ingrained in it 🙂

takisawa2

Speccing up a new Orange 5 Pro…you jammy bugger. 🙂

I prefer them in that solid green they do, dont know what its called. Bit like Qualcast lawnmowers used to be in, I think.

elaineanne
    Free Member

have it all one colour 😉 :mrgreen:
    my five pro

mudmonster
    Free Member

They do some kind of electric blue colour that I really like.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

One colour. Here’s mine in…..

xiphon
    Free Member

LOL @ posting on a forum, as you can’t decide what colour to get it.

e-willy waving at it’s best!

scrappy
    Free Member

When i ordered my five, choosing the upgrades was easy but the colur was difficult! Have a look at Orange web page on Facebook for ideas on colour combos.

prahran
    Free Member

Kermit Green is more vibrant than the Apple. Neon Green is just, well, Neon.

Beagleboy

I’d also agree that a single colour looks better. I’ve got an old 2002/3 Patriot in Black with a Grey swingarm. It’s not that great looking. My old 2006 Five (sadly broken) was ‘Laser Blue’ with a silver swingarm. A wee bit better looking than the Patriot, but be warned that what was a lovely ‘metallic’ effect, blue paint job on the main frame turned out to be the thinnest, and worst wearing of any bike I’ve owned. It just flaked off in big lumps. 🙁

My current Five is a 2009 model in Chrome Grey. As someone mentioned above, it’s very hard wearing and hides scratches well. The only downside of course is that it’s grey. Not even a colour in my opinion. 😥 At the time I was wrongly informed by the bike shop that Grey was the only colour available in the frame only option. 😕 However, just this week, I went all ‘Gok Wan’ on her and kitted her out with a whole raft of Hope kit that I’ve been collecting over the winter months. The dark Chrome Grey looks really good now with all her shiny red jewellery hanging from her. It appears to have even made me a better rider, as I cleaned a rooty step up last night that’s been irking me all winter. 8)

Oh, finally, a mate has just bought an all white (frame and fork) 2011 Orange Five. Again, I don’t count white as a colour, but the bike does look very handsome with everything matching so.

B.

molgrips
    Free Member

My Five is grey.. and battered.. but ace.

depth-junkie
    Free Member

I went for all white frame and swingarm, but had neon orange rims. well you gotta have sum ut orange on a orange five 😀

I think the combo looks great, where as the all neon colours on a bike look a bit much imho. My upgraded forks came in white also.

My five pro has upgrades forks (RLC), maxle, V2 brakes, hope zero stack headset, Thomson seat post, Controlotech 710mm carbon bars.

Not a great pic, but gives you an idea, and for all the folk that slag the five off but most have never ridden one all i can say is the rougher the trail gets and the harder/faster you ride through it the better the five gets. The five is made to be ridden hard on rough tracks. Round smooth tracks its a bit so so, nice bike but whats all the fuss about if you get my drift. But take it to a proper rough trail and ride hard and fast and its just like WOW what a bike. I love mine

stumpy01

Mate of mine used to have a sub-5. I think it was white frame with blue swingarm and that looked pretty good.

I saw someone picking up an apple green one from my LBS ages ago & it looked fantastic. It had red finishing bits on it.

robinbetts
    Free Member

I was on at Llandegla with a different coloured swingarm and it looked awful IMO. Go with all one colour!

roger1980
    Free Member

Ended up going for apple green with the performance pack,m4 brakes,s/s bb, hope pack and maxle rear end.

elaineanne
    Free Member

nice one …do you like the colour now !
    i acnt think of anything worse than two colours..-urgh..
    apple green IMO-ACE…. tho alot seem to go for that neon green too….
    actualy : i like the look of the new 2011 (blue)…..and im a woman…. 😉
    Btw : luving my apple green wich is now two year old and still the paintwork is great ! 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 help’ is closed to new replies.