Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • opinions on slx brakes
  • slowrider
    Free Member

thinking of getting some for my backup bike, how do people find them? ive heard critisism of shimano brakes for getting air in the system.

Swalsey
    Free Member

My XT have been faultless for 5 year 🙂

And I have some cheap XTR for sale – swalsey@hotmail.com

slowrider
    Free Member

hi swalsey, i saw your brakes and was confused by what was actually included…

RustyNissanPrairie

I find SLX have been a bit lacking in power. Started off with 180/160mm standard setup, fully bled through a few times. Changed pads to sintered, changed to Hel hoses, finally went to XTR 203/180mm discs and got the power I was after.

I do like overly powerfull brakes though and had 210mm/190mm Gustavs on my DH bike.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I think they are most excellent

RNP – How big are you?

ahwiles
    Free Member

very impressed with mine.

lots of power, reliable, no dot fluid to deal with, cheap, and a nice 'feel'.

sv

Like mine too for power/feel, going back to CRC for a check over as the lever is leaking. Might be crash damaged!

RustyNissanPrairie

steve_b77 – Member

I think they are most excellent

RNP – How big are you?

Just over 6'5" and 95kg's ish but ride pretty hard. Didnt expect Gustav power but with the servo wave gubbins thought they'd be allright, got there in the end but a 'budget' brake became the same price as some hopes/maguras

2hottie
    Free Member

I like mine. 180/160 combo, not as on, off, feeling as my bros xt's but I prefer the more progressive feel to the lever.

jo_h
    Free Member

I know this isn't the classifieds section but if you're tempted I've got a set of SLX brand new for £135 posted incl 180/160 centrelock rotors 😆

slowrider
    Free Member

jo_h the rotors would be no use to me cos im running 6 bolt. if you let me know a price without rotors i could be interested…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘opinions on slx brakes’ is closed to new replies.