Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ONONE 456
  • 888trojan888
    Free Member

The frame on my full suss has finally given up the ghost and i have decided to pilage all the bits and stick it on a hardtail frame.

I do a fair bit of trail riding across the moors and hills of Lancashire and was considering a 456.

Honest opinions on this bike please?

Does it climb ok as i have heard the head angles are quite slack and what size frame would be best for a 6ft bloke

Cheers

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and ride an 18″ , can’t fault it really, struggles with a tall 6″ fork (IIRC Fox 180mm’s are shorter!) but great up untill that point.

Normaly ride it with 130mm forks and its great.

mountainman123
    Free Member

Lets just say the 456 Ti was the 1st bike ever in what magazine to get 5/5, i have the 456 Carbon and its fantastic, it climbe fine i must say i drop it from 160 to 140 when climbing steep stuff as the front does tend to pop abit with the 160 fork, its slack enought o do anything you wish on, perfect for agressive trail with a nice amount of flex in the frame, better than the Ragley frames, which you have to hammer to get the best out of.
    Im 6ft 1 and have an 18inch.

rustler
    Free Member

If your more of a trail rider the std Inbred might be more comfy, & it rides lovely with a 130mm fork.

Northwind

It’s a very ordinary, budget frame. Which is good because what most people actually need is an ordinary frame 😉 Decent geometry, not terribly heavy, pretty neutral allrounder handling… Bit dead feeling IMO but you can’t go far wrong with it. Resale value is good too

Inbred’s got the same geometry as my Scandal and it rode like it was pissed with 130mm of fork in it… I put up with it for ages because I just though that was what long forked hardtails were like. Ace with a shorter fork though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ride anything on it, would have to say feels anything but ordinary!! best £165 ever spent

888trojan888
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies…..the price and the positive feedback is definately intresting me

saladdodger
    Free Member

I sold a trance and bought a 456 for £125 new that was a good move much prefer it to the trance in my case I find that it is no handicap than a full sus in any occasion

yunki
    Free Member

Ace with a shorter fork though.

I’ll second that.. my 456 gets ridden pretty much everywhere.. I usually keep it at 100mm though.. unless I’ve got some serious prolongued steep bouldery downhill to contend with.. then I’ll wind it out to 130mm if I remember to.. which isn’t very often.

jambon
    Free Member

I was thinking about a Carbon 456 but the seat tube angle looks pretty slack at 71 Degrees. I decided it wouldn’t fit me – I prefer 73 Degree seat tube.

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

On-One 456 Carbon Lime Green – one off

888trojan888 I have sent you an e-mail about this……

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oh and the colours are a bit “More” when it comes out the box, web site pics don’t do them justice

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ONONE 456’ is closed to new replies.