• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cp.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Online GANTT chart generators?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Need to make a simple GANTT chart, to show time scales and interdependencies of 5 seperate tasks (each with 5 components).

Have a great Excel template, but it doesnt show dependencies, so is not perfect.

A quick google shows that there are loads of online generators, any recommendations? Having a play around on gantto which seems pretty decent.

Thanks,
    Duane.

Duane…
    Free Member

Sorry, wrong section.

honourablegeorge

Christ – I come in here to get away from work… this is the online equivalent of someone jumping out in the middle of a berm with a spreadsheet.. 🙂

Duane…
    Free Member

OK, decided to just use the Excel template I have.

As above, I have 5 seperate, independant tasks I am working on (each with 5 steps). If there are periods where one of the tasks is not being worked on at all (so one step has been finished, but the next step has not started yet), is the bar for that finished step simply very long (until the next step starts), or is there a gap until the next step starts?

BigJohn

MS Project is the usual app for Gantt charts (not Capitalised, as it’s not an acronym, it’s named after Henry Gantt) and there are quite a few open source viewers available. Not sure about generators though.

honourablegeorge

If you’re tracking resources, and want to free those resources for other stuff in the intervening time, leave a gap.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

A non-computery friend of mine asked the same question and I sent him to Gantt Project.

He replied the next day saying

I tried the Gnatt program. It works

Thanks

I have not tried it myself, so can’t comment (paid up MS Project user).

Another one that looked promising was Vertex24 Excel Gantt Chart Template.

cp

Viewpath is brilliant

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Online GANTT chart generators?’ is closed to new replies.