• This topic has 362 replies, 95 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 363 total)
  • Online Dating Updates
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I know there are a few folk on here who are dabbling with online dating. With the arrival of the New Year and the reported increase in members of dating sites, has anyone had any luck in 2014 so far? I got chatting to fairly good looking blonde lady over the weekend but she has gone quiet on me. So hardly a great start but onwards and upwards.

How are you lot doing?

hammyuk
    Free Member

It’s only tuesday and back to work yesterday – see how she is later, ask her how the week is treating her, etc 😉

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve been on POF for years now. I get a surprising number of one word emails such as “Hi” and so on. Don’t think I’ve ever had a message that was longer than one sentence.
    Currently chatting to nice single lady, no kids etc.
    Some can take several days to reply, not everyone lives in front of the computer (like I seem to do)!!

missnotax
    Free Member

No luck here…. I’ve met lots of lovely people but no-one that I have clicked with 😕

dabble
    Free Member

Last week I had another go at it, new year new start, sent about 50 messages, bugger all replies so far. Woe is me.

kayak23

Few ok seeming women, always who live about 3 hours away.. 🙄

Jungli
    Free Member

I had a lovely lady who favourited me on POF on the 1st Jan… exchanged messages for a couple of days, spoke on the phone the last 3 evenings and we are meeting on friday… fingers crossed..

🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

Loving the scatter gun approach dabble. I think that might be my next move.

Good luck Jungli, let us know how it goes.

DezB
    Free Member

No updates here. Got bored with it. I think I’ve messaged one or 2 since the last thread and been ignored, so sod em all. Ugly caas. Got better fings to do with me time!
    Get the occasional Wants-to-meet-you email, but nothing of any interest.
    Best one was a “mutual meet” who I messaged and she blocked me! Hmph.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

PoF is a virtual minefield, why do some women think that lookng serious while doing a selfie troutpout in the bogs of some pub or other is the way to attract people?

Had two dates in Dec and just had a follow up with one at the weekend a Paramedic MTB’r (no not Drac!) with some niche bikes too.
    Was in contact with two others over the festives and have arranged a date with one. Quite satisfied with that hit rate!

jambalaya
    Free Member

There was an article in the French press which said 30% of French couples now meet via internet/social media

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

PoF ? ( Very new to all this )

Chatting to someone nice, hoping to meet up, fingers crossed n all that.

At work, so not the best time to jump into this thread, but I’l rejoin the conversation later on. I have much to learn.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I did a bit before Xmas and CBA with it just now, though there are some hotties on my list.

dabble – Member
    Last week I had another go at it, new year new start, sent about 50 message

I ignore any generic message or any one that doesn’t have my name in it, unless it’s from a hottie (they never do). You must be doing something seriously wrong not to get any replies from 50.

footflaps

I met my wife on Fitness Singles…

DezB
    Free Member

Is that one of the FREE! to sign up… £60 a month! to message someone?

If I’m going to pay to meet a woman, an online dating site is not where I’m going 8)

hammyuk
    Free Member

missnotax – Member
    No luck here…. I’ve met lots of lovely people but no-one that I have clicked with

😛

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@trailof destruction you also need to check this out.
    Map of the minefield – unverified
    20 Online Dating profile errors! according to the BBC

Am also on Fitness Singles £45 for 3 months is steep but it is a more selective choice…When they list cycling it usually means they know where to find the Bottom Bracket 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

But I DO like cosy nights in with a bottle of wine and a DVD 😆

DezB
    Free Member

20 Online Dating profile errors! according to the BBC

They’ve just listed NEARLY EVERY WOMAN’s profile on POF there!

footflaps

Am also on Fitness Singles £45 for 3 months is steep but it is a more selective choice

I think paying a modest amount is good value, it at least means people on there are vaguely serious…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

+1 for paying.

You’ll probably save money on not going on dates with people who aren’t serious, not to mention all the time wasted filtering through the profiles.

PoF seemed like a waste of time. I’m sure quite a few people on there see it as a hobby in itself, rather than a means to an end.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OKCupid seems good for for a freebie – plenty serious nice women and few swampmonsters.

Houns

Gave up on Pof for few months, still on there but not actively bothering with it. Shall update my profile and try again in a few weeks, so watch out ladies
    Tried tinder but it’s a waste of time, no one seems to chat on it

maxtorque

I’m a one man disaster area when it comes to “online women”…..

(probably not a lot better for non-virtual ones either 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Tried tinder but it’s a waste of time, no one seems to chat on it

My understanding is people on Tinder don’t want chat…

Houns

Nope I think safe to say tinder isn’t that kind of site

Mister-P
    Free Member

I thought Tinder was a straight version of Grinder? ie for casual short term physical relationships.

scaredypants

anyone tried tender – short term physical relationships for people who have an infection of some sort already ?

footflaps

anyone tried tender – short term physical relationships for people who have an infection of some sort already ?

Or those just trying to collect the full set…..

natrix
    Free Member

I think that it’s worth paying so that you know the other people are serious and that you are a lot less likely to be wasting your time. I know people who have paid thousands to join the more upmarket agencies, so the online dating sites are at least better value for money.

PS Good luck Jungli

Rockape63
    Free Member

You must be doing something seriously wrong not to get any replies from 50.

He didn’t mention he is the Son of Elephant Man!

Sorry! Seriously I’ve been married for years, but miss the thrill of online/phone dating. When my first marriage failed I found solace in a few sensational meetings with a couple of HOT women. Life was never such fun!

(obviously I didn’t marry either of them!)

Mister-P
    Free Member

Any word from Jungli?

flowerpower
    Free Member

I have a question – How long is it acceptable to be ‘meeting’ a few different people with out ‘declaring’ it? How many ‘meets’ before you admit to the fact that you are still chatting to others?

I ask this as I feel that I got a bit caught out. I had met a guy about 4 times, with loads of chatting between and was talking about a trip away with him (and I guess I was beginning to feel like there might be something in it), when he admitted that he had been seeing two other girls for a similar length of time. The outcome was that he chose one of the other girls.

I don’t think he did anything wrong, I had also met another guy during that time, but it has made me think… I am presently meeting another guy for the second time, while still chatting to two more. What is the etiquette here? Help?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Ask them about it – whether “exclusive” to start or not

Houns

I genuinely don’t know, I can only manage one at a time and I wouldn’t like it if by 3rd/4th date she was still chatting to and meeting others

rOcKeTdOg

footflaps – Member

I met my wife on Fitness Singles…

#awkward
    what was her explaination?

mikey3
    Free Member

I think its safe to assume that if you are guy,that girl you like who is talking to you on pof is talking to another 5 guys at least,if you’re a 6ft hunk then good but if not then it will probably not end so well,just have some fun along the way if possible 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

I hate internet ‘dating’. Mostly because I’m ginger and never have anything funny/interesting to say in an email, so I don’t get many dates 😉

footflaps

Mostly because I’m ginger

I’m so very sorry, I didn’t realise….

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have a question – How long is it acceptable to be ‘meeting’ a few different people with out ‘declaring’ it? How many ‘meets’ before you admit to the fact that you are still chatting to others?

I dont care but you need to decide what you think is acceptable

Personally I would not meet anyone who was also trying out a few others or contacting others as we were chatting

My view is not the most common as everyone seems to think its ok to multiple date for some reason.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 363 total)

The topic ‘Online Dating Updates’ is closed to new replies.