Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • One year olds – do they do this?
  • hora
    Free Member

Here he is at 14months (the one holding the lead not four-eyes)

spacemonkey

Who’s the ghostly apparition in the top right?

maxray
    Free Member

she was just sat like a pudding eating leaves…

whilst speaking full clear sentences, I am sure her parents were thinking the same about the 2 primates grunting and swinging on the climbing frame! 😉

ocrider

Maybe we all are, just a little

It’s often said that there is a very thin line between autism and genius. My eldest can tell you what day of the week your birthday is next year and has been performing this party trick since he was four. He’s nine now and although for a few years he had us worried, is a perfectly normal (although highly academic) kid.

hora
    Free Member

The one pushing the pram or the one bending down?

BINNERS TO THE FORUM – my shoes are out and on display for you my bald Gok Wan 😆

farmer-giles
    Free Member

hide-e-ho strangers.
    my boy is the same age as hora’s.

happy lad, always gabbling on but can only really say tractor and daddy -bless
    but only sleeps til 4-5am and gets stroppy 50% of nappy time; and when he has finished his food and still sat in the high chair.
    he still occasionally bits mummy but rarely me.
    he is at nursery 2 days a week and one of the ladies seams pleased to tell me and mrs fg what went wrong that day. this never bothers me but mrs fg then gets paranoid the we are raising junior badly.
    to the op. – your lad is fine, don’t worry, but more importantlykeep reassuring your wife that she is doing a brilliant job – trust me if she goes down that spiral then you are in for some hard work; hence my absence from here and only 5 rides in 5 months

hora
    Free Member

Farmer’ my Sons first (and only) word was ‘Mandy’. One of the nursery nurses is called Mandy.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

whilst speaking full clear sentences, I am sure her parents were thinking the same about the 2 primates grunting and swinging on the climbing frame!

8)

almightydutch
    Free Member

I have a 14 month old. Little monster at nappy changes, whingier than a whingy thing at times. his speech seems wicked though as he knows all his toys by their names and will go and fetch them upon request.
    Sadly my only wish is that he’d start walking instead of the tiptoes crap he does but it’ll happen soon enouogh.

Doesnt sound like the OP is having any more issues than most of us on here have had. Your doin the right thing and carry on. I’ve always taken the stand that a positive environment is best so to take him away from the CM who obvioulsy is a moron would definately be best course of action.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

hora – nothing wrong with that – is she fit? there are a couple of rather attractive ladies at the nursery that keep saying my boy is soooo cute and doesn’t he look like his father! (they don’t cuddle me though) 🙁

my boy doesn’t mind noise at night (can mow the lawn 30 mins after he goes to sleep), but when he wakes up – he wakes up. on a bad night that is 1am, 3pm and 5pm!

is yours sleeping through?

DaRC_L

So the answer to the OP is yes.
    Sounds like you’re doing the right thing with the ignoring bad behaviour and praising good.

BTW my eldest was a nightmare like that, although the most embarrassing moment was when he was a bit older.
    11a.m. Saturday morning, the shopping centre of Brighton was very busy my eldest is flat on his back between 2 pubs (which were just opening) throwing a right wobbler whilst screaming
    “I WANT TO GO TO THE PUB.”

Now he’s almost 18 I can see the funny side….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

“I WANT TO GO TO THE PUB.”

Now he’s almost 18 I can see the funny side….
    These days we can quickly film that sort of stuff on our phones and use it to embarrass them later in life (thinks weddings/birthdays etc).

8)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

At 11-months, they don’t understand. If they’re screaming, they want attention and the best thing (IMO) is to give it to them.

Leave the ignoring thing a couple of years, so they understand they’ve to stop screaming.

And get a new childminder.

RichPenny
    Free Member

You do know Marrzocchi make small forks, right?

Spare the bombers, spoil the child IMO

spacemonkey

Yeah, we figured we’re probably doing enough of the right things. Can always do something better of course. Still, he’s a great little lad and hopefully he’ll find his happy feet in the new place.

piemann
    Free Member

“Spare the bombers, spoil the child IMO”

Brilliant! Currently wiping coffee off my computer screen after laughing

Post of the week IMO. Thank you RichPenny.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘One year olds – do they do this?’ is closed to new replies.